How does the keyboard work?

Speak your mind

How does the keyboard work?

Postby hjackson on Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:37 am

I'm trying to figure out how in the search overlay, clicking the key (with the "show>*" format ID) allows the * character to be displayed as text (in the movies search text box the text box is formated "category>filterdetails>input") I just don't understand how the text box nows that "*" is a filterdetails input.
How do I get the keyboard to print what I want in my own text box?

hjackson
hjackson

Postby Colby on Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:39 am

the way filterdetails knows to put * in the textbox is because you specify it with show>*

whats your question?

you want your physical keyboard to type letters in the "category>filterdetails>input"?
As far as I know thats not the same thing. there is no keyboard support for filters. you can always use an onscreen keyboard.
Colby

Postby Twit on Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:55 am

Actualy the keyboard works great on search overlays.

Pick say artist and type "Aerosmith".

I think hkackson wants to get the same effect as the filter details but use it on something else.

I will have to play with it and see.
Twit

Postby hjackson on Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:21 am

I guess I wasn't clear. I want to use the keyboard from within Xlobby to type text in a window like a word processor. This is an app I am working on. To do this, I must figure out the proper coding/syntax, so I looked at how it was done in the search overlay, but it doesn't make sense to me. If the "A" key's ID was "show>A" and for the text box the syntax was "show>input" or "print>input", it would make sense to me. But when I see "category>filterdetails>input" that doesn't make sense to me. That makes me think that there is some other code built into Xlobby(or the skin) that is not evident to me and allows the "show" variable to always represent input for filterdetails category.
I hope this makes sense, it's after 3am here and I just finished playing an 11pm ice hockey game followed by a few brews of Molsen Canadian...

hjackson
hjackson