Codec list for internal media player?

Information related to the pre-release commercial version of xlobby

Codec list for internal media player?

Postby Jay on Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:10 pm

I have a ton of messed codecs in my XL server which has forced me to use VLC. I'd prefer the internal player for my movies.
Any possibility of publishing the needed ones? Then, I could delete the unneeded ones and replace the required ones.
My fat client works perfectly so I can get them easily. Not having done this before, I also need to know whether codecs need to be registered or just overwritten and whether broken ones need to be unregistered before replacement.
Thanks! :)
Jay

Re: Codec list for internal media player?

Postby wesblack on Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:34 pm

Jay,

When we ship xLobby hardware, we use the Power DVD Ver 5.0 or 6.0 codec for playback of DVD's and Movie content. Under F2, Media player.

Wes Black \ Calrad
wesblack

Postby tswhite70 on Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:51 pm

Jay - You can use Radlight Filter Manager to display your codecs and unregister the ones you don't want. The codecs definitely need to be registered although you should be able to overwrite any broken ones and they should start working on reboot or possibly on access (not sure..).
Your best bet may be a clean install if things are really a mess and then you can just install the ones you need (ffdshow or whatever you want\require).

good luck,
tsw
tswhite70

Postby Jay on Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:25 pm

Wes, thanks. I didn't know whether there were any external dependencies. I do have setup pointed to the Cyberlink.
Last edited by Jay on Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jay

Postby Jay on Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:33 pm

TSW. Thanks for the advice. Things are so bad that Vista's MovieMaker's DirectShow components are shot. I rendered an 18GB AVI 3 times (about 5-6 hours of work each time) before I got codec assassin and discovered all the probs. I'll look up Radlight - and also be prepared for a reinstall of Vista
Jay

Postby Jay on Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:20 pm

Happy to say finally got the internal player to play my ripped DVDs. (I assume discs will play OK now, as well).
I removed all sorts splitters and codec packs. Suddenly, all movies played fine - except that all audio, which was hit or miss before, was gone.

I went to My XLobby and noticed that the recommended FFDShow is a different version than the one I was using. I replaced it and that did it :)

The only remaining issue is my DVD nav overlays (if I'm using the right term) are offset above where you'd normally click a chapter, for example. So, when I have icons for chap1, chap,2, etc., I can click where I normally would but above that, will be a rectangle or inverted text, etc. which should be overlayed on the icon or text.

I went into setup and tried to open the config for the Cyberlink Power DVD6 DVD Navigator but nothing happens.

Anyone know how to align the 2 elements?
Jay

Postby Jay on Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:48 pm

Started new thread regarding this.
Jay