Visualizations within the SKIN WINDOW?

Speak your mind

Visualizations within the SKIN WINDOW?

Postby kolemieux on Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:58 pm

Guys, I've not spent a ton of time on this just yet - and was hoping for a tiny bit of help on getting Visualizations (i.e. Milkdrop) working within the skin interface.

For example, all of the skins are killer but am using Heavy Metal. I was not sure if I use visualizations if the need to only go full screen or if they could layer within a Box (i.e. Now Playing) area of the window?

Is this possible?

Just curious and thanks.
kolemieux

Postby dgemily on Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:31 pm

there is a way to do it using the plugin xmovewindow:
the last version is here: xmovewindow
put the dll in theplugins repertory.

on the screen where you want to show the visualisation, add a new text (what ever you want in a first time) replace it and resize it like you want and then, in ID, write "screenname_classname" (where screenname is the name of your screen and classname is theclasse name of the window that you want to show)
then replace the text by "plugin>XMoveWindow>classname"

it's done :wink:

For example, I'm using milkdrop visualisation with foobar and the milkdrop window's is display on the screen "albumtracks".
mu classname is "foo_vis_bacon_embedomatic" (you can use girder to know your classname)

in ID I wrote :
Code: Select all
albumtracks_foo_vis_bacon_embedomatic

and in text I wrote :
plugin>XMoveWindow>foo_vis_bacon_embedomatic

the result

you can use this plugin (built by Badubo 8) ) with the windows of softs that you want.
there are also some commands that you can use

Later,
dgemily

Thanks and help (-:

Postby kolemieux on Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:04 am

First TREMENDOUS help, but am still a little lost. (-:

1) I have Milkdrop loaded and works when I play Winamp solo

2) I picked a screen and added as u say below but am a little lost in that part (just in the ID part). I am just using the basic viz which I think is called milk_vis.dll, the test screen I am using is "nowplaying", its the classname I think I am challenged with?

Can u coach me thru the rest - I really appreciate your taking the time to help me here. Thanks so much - can this work with ZoomPlayer also ? (walk before run).

Thanks a million
Chris
kolemieux

Update...

Postby kolemieux on Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:40 am

Ok, I did use Girder to locate the ClassName of the Visualization window, and it looks like it is indeed simply called "MilkDrop"

I am curious as to what (besides what else I am missing) are the necessary settings to get MilkDrop working with XLOBBY. I need to do some more homework to be sure I even have my settings correct?

Advice from anyone - thanks guys.
Chris
kolemieux

Postby C-moi on Fri Oct 29, 2004 6:38 am

we use XMoveWindow plugin for TV application (progDVB or K!TV), lyrics (minilyrics or Lyricshow), Media Player Classic (clips, trailers, movies, karaoke) : it woks also with zoom player
The best way to find the classname is to
 use Girder to locate the ClassName of the Visualization window
C-moi

Postby dalanik on Fri Oct 29, 2004 9:32 am

I started playing with xmovewindow and MPC. What i did:

* assigned page start event to lounch mpc with param the path to current movie
* assigned page end event to close mpc

this works fine.

Then I made an ID for a textbox and assigned it text line plugin>XMoveWindow>classname and it works.

The main problem is focus...

I need that window to be
1) always on top
2) no focus (xlobby should have focus)

How do you guys do it? I always lose focus from Xlobby... i'd need xlobby to stay in focus and player window on top (visible), because it's totaly useless otherwise (the moment i click on xlobby window player goes to back)

D.[/b]
dalanik

Postby dgemily on Fri Oct 29, 2004 9:36 am

Ok, I did use Girder to locate the ClassName of the Visualization window, and it looks like it is indeed simply called "MilkDrop"

we use MilkDrop with foobar that why we don't have the same ClassName...
dgemily

Postby C-moi on Fri Oct 29, 2004 9:53 am

2 classname for Media Player Classic
- MediaPlayerClassicW for win XP
- MediaPlayerClassicA for Me or 98
You can go in Event Manager and lock or unlock the plugin by event so if you want to have fullscreen add an event : plugin : xmovewindow
and unlock
after you send an event for fullscreen to mpc
C-moi

Postby badubo on Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:09 am

@dalanik

are you sure you tested this version ?
http://users.skynet.be/badubo/temp/XMoveWindow.dll

there is an option in PMC for putting it "always on top"
badubo

Postby dalanik on Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:29 am

Ahh, yes! much better now... you were right. I used older version of the plugin, and I din;t have "always on top" in MPC.

Thanx, now it works OK, the focus remains in XLobby, only small bug that it doesn't work correctly if XLobby is not full screen - i.e. you set it to 800x600 at position 100,100... then the player is lounched at absolute coordinates, not relative to xlobby window...

but for me it's not a problem, i only use non-fullscreen mode in xlobby in my test config...

Thanx,

Dalibor
dalanik

Postby badubo on Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:36 am

only small bug that it doesn't work correctly if XLobby is not full screen - i.e. you set it to 800x600 at position 100,100

yes, I can ask xlobby for the position of the text zone in the screen but cannot ask for the resolution of xlobby (for making translation), so it works only if xlobby is fullscreen
badubo

Postby Colby on Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:39 am

I am having trouble setting up xmovewindow for milkdrop plugin. I got it to start in my screen and everything, the only problem is now, I cant exit it. I added a goto page event to the xmovewindow window, thinking that would let me leave. It works if the visualization isnt going, but if it is I cant leave. My visualiztion xmovewindow is fullscreen, and I have messed with winamp 5.0 visualiztion configurations and that didnt fix it, what am I doing wrong?

The visualization is always on top no matter xlobby screen Im on. Is there a way to send the xmovewindow behind xlobby or to un-xmovewindow?
Colby

Postby dgemily on Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:30 am

The visualization is always on top no matter xlobby screen Im on.

did you chek alaws on th e top for the visualization ? you should uncheck it, (I had this problem before)

Is there a way to send the xmovewindow behind xlobby or to un-xmovewindow?

try with the lock and unlock command of the plugin..

later
dgemily

Postby C-moi on Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:10 pm

http://france.xlobby.com/milkdrop.htm
only for foobar2000 ! i never use winamp so ...
Excuse my bad english but i think you'll undestand !
C-moi

Postby jmb295 on Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:23 am

badubo,

I was attempting to add the myHD video renderer through the use of your plugin and have a question. The class name displayed in girder shows as:

Afx:400000:b:10011:6:1515a2

Is this a valid name? The child class and child name seem to have proper values.

Thanks!
jmb295

Next