Scource for Buttons and Icons

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Scource for Buttons and Icons

Postby MFan on Tue Dec 30, 2003 8:45 pm

In the pronto section of remotecentral.com, there are a lot of ccf files that contain some very good things that can be used for buttons in xlobby. I created the screen shown by cutting and pasting (don't know if it has shown up, but if not try this shortcut:

http://webpages.charter.net/mfan/My_Hom ... ontrol.htm

Basically, you can get some nice screens if you are artistically challenged (and/or lazy :) )

There is a decompile program on the site that you can use to get bitmaps out of the ccf files and then you can turn the bitmaps into .png files to use in xlobby.

If there is any interest, I can write up a primer on how to do this.

Don
MFan

Postby stevenhanna6 on Wed Dec 31, 2003 5:39 am

thats pretty neat, since your familiar with ccf files do you know how to get the ircodes out of them, maybe you can save me some searching time :)
stevenhanna6

Postby MFan on Wed Dec 31, 2003 3:21 pm

Steven,

You can get the hex codes out of prontoedit. This is a free down load from remotecentral. After setting it up, just load any ccf into it and find a screen with a key (any key) on it. Click on the key, hit the Ins key and then the Set IR button. You will see the fields that will let you select type of device, brand and code set. After that, just hit the View IR key and the hex code will pop up.

Don
MFan

More Example Screens

Postby MFan on Fri Jan 02, 2004 6:23 pm

Here are some screens that I have created for my ppc. My intent is to use the ppc as the primary interface to xlobby and have xlobby be an integrated interface for multiple systems. I have posted a ppcmenu, a couple of submenus and some of the pages for the remote for music control. I have done a 3 page remote for tv and multipage remotes for Sage TV and Zoomplayer. I am working on remotes for lighting and other AV equipment.

The screens shown are still 'works in progress'.

http://webpages.charter.net/mfan/JennCo ... ewcode.htm

Don
MFan