Question on editing skins...

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Question on editing skins...

Postby donsmith on Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:59 pm

Hello,

Really like what you guys are doing with xlobby. I've used a few of the skins and they are pretty cool. However, there are a lot of things i have no use for, like home automation, etc. So, I can't come up with a good way to edit a lot of that stuff out without screwing up the skin. I have been entering the skin editor and doing it that way, but is there a better way of deleting entire screens?

basically i want to trim down the main page so that, for example, the "home automation" link is gone and the picture for it is gone, and also the entire next page is gone also? hope that makes sense.
donsmith

Postby Colby on Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:52 pm

You can trim in the skin editor. Thats the best way to customize a skin for your needs. You can delete whole screens there, and buttons and events, etc. Deleting screens is easy, goto the screen, hit the screen tab and edit tab, big delete button. You could also delete the images from the buttons directory and the xml pages from the skin. I would recommend just the editor though. Set up the skin to fit your specific needs. Thats the beauty of it. You shouldnt screw it up.
Colby

Postby sharp_1 on Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:20 pm

How could a guy go about copying a button, like say the down botton in Colby skin and retain all of its up down and enter states.
I made a copy of it in the xlobby/skin/button/down.png as xlobby/skin/button/dvddown.png and got the button but thats it???

Edit: Just needed to copy over the other .png files and rename them dvddown-down.png and so on. Thanks.
sharp_1

Postby Colby on Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:28 pm

a button has 3 files to make the states, button.png button-enter.png, button-down.png. Those 3 files make up one button. You must copy all of them.
Colby

Postby donsmith on Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:46 pm

thanks for the help. i'll try that. you guys are fast, i was expecting a day or two at least.

thanks,
don
donsmith