MCE remote and power button

V3 help and support questions

MCE remote and power button

Postby lar282 on Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:07 am

Hi
How do u guys handle the power button in XL V3 and MCE remote. Speaking of internally not using any third party app. Is there a way to block green button and power button for example? Would like to block the powerbutton OR assign it to an event instead of the computer shutting down when u press it

//Lasse
lar282

Re: MCE remote and power button

Postby samsonlov on Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:02 am

According to StephanieM on the Snapstream media forum at http://forums.snapstream.com/vb/snapstream-discussion/38482-mce-remote-custom-buttons.html, "For the "Power" button of the remote, by default it will put your computer into standby. But you can disable this in the Windows Control Panel (Performance and Maintenance / Power Options / Advanced Tab and for "When I press the sleep button" choose "Do nothing". This way you'll be able to customize the "Power" button to close BTV if you want."

Not sure if that method will also disable the sleep button on your computer's kbd, or if it will interfere with an other events you may have where XLobby "tells" your computer to go to sleep using the Windows "sleep" command, but if you care to try, once you "tell windows to do nothing upon pressing the sleep button" the process is the same as creating any other IR trigger as long as the MCE remote's power button is "learned" into XLobby's list of devices.

Let me know how it works out.
samsonlov

Postby lar282 on Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:33 am

Thanks samsonlov. Appriciate the help. Did u start working for Calrad? 2 of my questions answered by you. Kind of funny.

Thanks again. Will try tonite

//Lasse
lar282

Postby samsonlov on Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:39 am

lar282 wrote:Thanks samsonlov. Appriciate the help. Did u start working for Calrad? 2 of my questions answered by you. Kind of funny.

Thanks again. Will try tonite

//Lasse

Hi Lasse (Again),

If you're going to be copyin' and pastin', I think I will too. :)

Hi Lasse,

Please let me know if my suggestions worked for you - glad to try to help - I havn't been using XLobby nearly as long as so many on the forum, and I've learned much more than I've helped, but having sold and installed some of first XLobby systems since Steven and Wes at Calrad joined forces, I feel like I'm almost an "old-timer". (and to date, I don't believe there is anything else on the market that even comes close to XLobby at any pricepoint.)

And despite my constant "proselytizing" to the industry about the merits XLobby, I don't work for Calrad, and they don't compensate me in any way for my sharing of my opinions. (Though it looks like it would be a cool company to work for.)

I already have two "jobs" and I will be adding another title soon. I run a small company called Custom Castle, Inc. here in Los Angeles, and I also have a coaching/consulting business where I help integrator/installers and other contractors to improve their business' by teaching them how to improve/develop their relationships with their clients.

As for my third "job", Dafna and I are expecting our first child (a girl) around October 29th, so as fun as it looks, working for Calrad is not even a possibility for me.

Samson
:)
samsonlov

Postby lar282 on Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:49 am

8)
lar282