Skin Editor help

Help each other out

Skin Editor help

Postby bagrubes on Sun Jan 25, 2004 8:29 pm

Ok they said When I was younger I was hyper, today they call it (ADD) I can not for the life of me figure out where or how to start using the skin editor. Can someone hold my hand or point me in the right direction. I see some awsome skins and I want to play tooo.

Thanks Bruce
bagrubes

Postby Arthur on Sun Jan 25, 2004 9:10 pm

Bruce,

The best way to understand skinning is to look at existing skins (the default skin will do, but others can also be very interesting). there are 2 ways to look at a skin:
- you can open the xml file of a page, located in xlobby\skins\default or other skinname\pagename.xml
- or, far easier, go to the page concerned and prss the [pause] button on your keyboard. Tjis will open the skin editor. You will see that now you can move the buttons on the screen, change the background to whatever you like add buttons,change the number of albums displayed in the music section etc.

Now your able to do some basic skinning. Hop ethis makes you a bit more relaxed!

Arthur
Last edited by Arthur on Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arthur

Postby Tracie on Sun Jan 25, 2004 11:38 pm

I might add one tip to that. Keep in mind that the location of all of the buttons, images, category boxes, etc. within Xlobby is set up on a x/y plane. You have corresponding x & y boxes to set the location & right underneath those are width & length boxes that allow you to set the size of those images. Play with it a little like Arthur suggested, just make sure to back up a copy of your Xlobby file so you don't have to go through setting everything up again.
Tracie

Postby chadwolcott on Mon Jan 26, 2004 3:33 am

Bruce,

I have a tutorial that I am working on. It's still in early stages but is already about 20 pages long. I'd be more than happy to email it to you. just give me an address

Chad
chadwolcott

Postby bagrubes on Mon Jan 26, 2004 1:00 pm

Thanks everyone you have been very helpful!! and nice not snubing me off like on other fourms!!!

Chad that would be great I am sure it will help a lot!!

mailto:bagrubes@hotmail.com

Thanks again everyone, and Steve this is an awsome program, I have found that the best programs are written by users who know what the user wants. If that makes Sense

Bruce
bagrubes

skin design

Postby ramapoughnative on Thu Feb 19, 2004 7:15 pm

Hi Chad!
Any chance of sending me your tutorial on skinning? Ramapoughnativeathotmaildotcom. Thanks
ramapoughnative