Rubbah's skin

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Rubbah's skin

Postby rubbah on Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:56 pm

hello

here is a release of my skin.

this skin is made with touch screen in mind but i use a remote so that is also an option.

featuring:
music screen
movie screen
mediaplayer classic control screen and fullscreen (uses xmovewindow and xmpc)
zoom player screen
divx screen
trailer screen
weather screen (uses xoap weather)
+++

and some ppc screens, but they still need some work.

download: http://www.rubbah.com/xlobby/rubbah1.0.zip

install notes:
-extract the zip in you're xlobby folder.
-load skin
-trailer import: hit F2 goto EVENTS- SKIN>TRAILER>UPDATE DB
FILE: set the location of MovieTrailers.exe, should be ...xlobby\movietrailers.exe.
ARGUMENTS: If folders structure is the same as in the zip the arguments should be ok.
WORKING DIRECTORY: ...xlobby\
-DVD playback: hit F2 goto MISC>AutoPlay select dvd, push assign/remove event and link to SKIN>autoplay>Play dvd. You also need to edit the Play dvd event to you're needs set FILE: AND WorkingDirectory. and enter the drive letter in arguments. /OPENDRIVE:j /Q. j is my dvd drive.
-F2 FileTypes, make 3 entries: i use zp for dvd and divx and MPC for Trailers.

Category: Mpvies
Program: zoomplayer.exe
Extentions: ifo,iso,img,video_ts,avi
Command Line Switches: /x:0 /y:0 /w:1280 /h:651 %playlist% /q (importent to get the mediaplayer screen working)
you alsp need to set zoomplayer to always on top and hit F7 for video only. NO Skin
OfflineEvent: movies:show offline message
start Event: goto: goto movieplayer
End Event: goto:goto movies

Category: DivX
Program: zoomplayer.exe
Extentions: avi,mpeg,mpg,wmv
Command Line Switches: /x:0 /y:0 /w:1280 /h:651 %playlist% /q (important to get the mediaplayer screen working)
you also need to set zoomplayer to always on top and hit F7 for video only. NO Skin
OfflineEvent:
start Event: goto: goto movieplayer
End Event: goto:goto divX

Category: Trailer
Program: mplayerc.exe
Extentions: mov
Command Line Switches:/play %parameter% /fullscreen
OfflineEvent:
start Event: goto:goto xwin
End Event: goto:goto trailers

think that should be it :roll:

i have stolen the radio database from baddabing and the stars from Qtips hope you guys don't mind :?: .

some screenshots:
menu screen

movies screen

movie rating

music screen

zoomplayer control screen

media player classic

weather screen

so that's that.. i'll add some more about tomorrow..

hope you like :D and if you don't please tell, and i'll try to make it better!

lars
Last edited by rubbah on Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rubbah

resource error

Postby cwellsaz on Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:59 pm

I really like this skin, but I can't get it to load. Everytime I get to images on loadup it comes up with a resource error. I have tried downloading a new version of xlobby as well and still nothing. Do you by chance have any idea what I could be doing wrong.
cwellsaz

Re: resource error

Postby ernestp on Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:53 pm

cwellsaz wrote:I really like this skin, but I can't get it to load. Everytime I get to images on loadup it comes up with a resource error. I have tried downloading a new version of xlobby as well and still nothing. Do you by chance have any idea what I could be doing wrong.

Same here....
ernestp

Postby rubbah on Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:44 pm

hmm.. everything should be good, just remember to extract the .zip in you're xlobby folder (c:\xlobby)

to be sure i have made a new zip
rubbah

Postby ernestp on Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:35 pm

rubbah wrote:hmm.. everything should be good, just remember to extract the .zip in you're xlobby folder (c:\xlobby)

to be sure i have made a new zip

The same problem happen...

It's looking for some images files where do they beloong....
ernestp

Postby rubbah on Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:51 pm

you get the splash screen and it hangs or you just get a black loading screen?

remember to set resolution to 1280x720
rubbah

Postby BaddaBing on Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:05 pm

Rubbah,
There is nothing wrong with your skin or zip file - I downloaded the original as well as your latest zip and both work. The problem is most likely due to unzipping the file incorrectly. I've put out enough skins and this is the most common problem.

For those of you having problems: Just unzip the file to your ROOT Xlobby directory - i.e.: C:\xlobby or C:\program files\xlobby. DO NOT EXTRACT IT TO THE 'SKIN' DIRECTORY - THIS ZIP FILE CONTAINS MORE THAN JUST A SKIN.
-OR-
Extract the file to a temporary directory then copy all the files and directories into your xlobby directory.

Nice skin by the way :wink:
BaddaBing

Postby cwellsaz on Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:19 pm

Ok I still have the same issue. I have recreated an new folder c:/programs/xlobby and installed the latest release of Xlobby and it runs fine with the defualt and Heavymetle but with your new skin it will always give me an error unable to load recourses from the recerse folder then quits. I had it woring once with your first release but as soon as I used the appletrailer.exe is when I started having these issues. When I used the plugin it populated the database and gave the images for the titles the next time I tried to open Xlobby is when I started having the problems.
cwellsaz

Postby cwellsaz on Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:23 pm

Ok I got it to work. I had to set my res to 128x720, but the tv was going to use dosnt support that res so i was going to open in 1024x768 and try to skin it for 4:3. Are you planing on skinning it for 4:3?
cwellsaz

Postby rubbah on Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:14 am

BaddaBing wrote:Rubbah,
There is nothing wrong with your skin or zip file - I downloaded the original as well as your latest zip and both work. The problem is most likely due to unzipping the file incorrectly. I've put out enough skins and this is the most common problem.

Nice skin by the way :wink:

rubbah

Postby rubbah on Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:18 am

cwellsaz wrote:Ok I got it to work. I had to set my res to 128x720, but the tv was going to use dosnt support that res so i was going to open in 1024x768 and try to skin it for 4:3. Are you planing on skinning it for 4:3?

goody. don't think i will be making a 4:3 skin. at least not before i feel completly done with this one.
rubbah

Postby ernestp on Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:27 pm

cwellsaz wrote:Ok I got it to work. I had to set my res to 128x720, but the tv was going to use dosnt support that res so i was going to open in 1024x768 and try to skin it for 4:3. Are you planing on skinning it for 4:3?

This is correct, You have to set your Xlobby res to 1280x720 and it will work.
It was not do to having the files in the wrong directories.
ernestp

Postby cwellsaz on Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:09 pm

So if I were to try converting your skin to a 4:3 (1024x768) hwere would I go to allow me to open the skin with in the enviornment 1024x768. I have no problems opening the skin in 1280x720 but everytime I try to with the res I need I get the resource error. I have tryied to resize images with in the 1280x720 to allow me to get them to fit right in the 4:3 rez but when I restart xlobby it still gives me the same error.
cwellsaz

Postby rubbah on Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:56 pm

works for me, but i made a sample for you
http://www.rubbah.com/xlobby/rubbah4x3_test.zip

it's 1024x768, but i have only made the menu screen the remaning screens you can play with you're self :wink:

it's looks a bit diffrent than the previous one.. but all the graphics is there.
rubbah

Postby cwellsaz on Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:17 am

Yes this is it. It is working and didnt take long to fix either. I really like how you have made the navagation, very creative. Is there a way to allow collages with the nav so when you go over movies you will see the collage. I see that you have the text displyed at the top and see that it is with in the perimeter section in the DB. I wasn't sure if I could also add the collage images with in that area or not. I use the hide and show for the nave but it works for whole nav rather than each button. But either way you have done an exelent job creating this skin. Now I just have to set up ZP to function. The 1280x720 Is working fine on the DLP and looks sweet. I had to add the overlays for popupdvd and cd. as well im am creating the screens for cdex and dvd decrypter. Thank you again for your hard work.
cwellsaz

Next