Jowaldo's Skin - Beta 2.1 - UPDATED for resource manager

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Postby gingellr on Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:55 pm

Great thanks.

And not to be selfish but if you could fit that play all button in there somewhere would save me having to reprogram an exisitng button.

Speaking of which the shuffle works great as it toggles, but by looking at it on screen, you cant tell if it is on or off is there away to make it highlight if it is on or something.

Thanks for all the effort and time you must have to generally put into this.
gingellr

Postby jowaldo on Mon Jun 21, 2004 6:28 pm

You want the play all button on the Search Music screen?

And I fixed the shuffle button so it looks pressed down now whenever its on.
jowaldo

Postby archerkit on Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:33 pm

jowaldo wrote:So basically what you are looking for is a button that when you search for an artist/album/etc you can reset everything, making every album show up again?

Almost - it is really an 'up' button. With the new structure, the top-level might show a Frank Sinatra folder. I use Open to see all of his albums. I pick an album, using Open again to see the songs.

Now I may want to pick either another Sinatra album, or something else completeley. I'd need an 'up' button to go back to Frank, then press it again to go back to the top.

If that won't work then a button to go back to the root would be workable..
archerkit

Postby jowaldo on Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:39 pm

So what screen would you like it to be on? The search music one? Or just on the quick view and albums screens?
jowaldo

Postby gingellr on Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:03 pm

Would like the play all on the quickview screen if possible to save having to go into the sub menu.

Although i am planning to use xlobby mainly from my ppc which i should have in about a week, could it be accessible on the ppc screens as well?

Im off on holiday for a week so wont be able to look at the forum until i am home.
gingellr

Postby archerkit on Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:14 am

jowaldo wrote:So what screen would you like it to be on? The search music one? Or just on the quick view and albums screens?

I think the quick view and albums screens make the most sense. If you are searching for a particular artist, you sort of already know where you are going. But if you are just browsing, it's more like you're in a store and want to navigate around.

At the same time in addition to an 'up' button it might be helpful to have a 'root' or 'main' button that would bring you back to the root of your music.

As it stands now, if I venture into a particular arist - even if I go to the home screen and back into music, there's no way to get to the top..

thanks!
archerkit

Postby PiDD on Fri Jun 25, 2004 5:42 pm

Awesome skin, thanks for taking the time to do this.

I have one quick question. I am using xlobby17 and the your beta3 skin hangs at loading:screens. beta2 works fine tho?

Any suggestion?

Rob
PiDD

Postby jowaldo on Fri Jun 25, 2004 5:57 pm

PiDD wrote:Awesome skin, thanks for taking the time to do this.

I have one quick question. I am using xlobby17 and the your beta3 skin hangs at loading:screens. beta2 works fine tho?

Any suggestion?

Rob

Yeah you need the latest exe for it to work right, it can be found here:

http://www.xlobby.com/xlobby2.zip
jowaldo

Postby PiDD on Fri Jun 25, 2004 7:34 pm

That did it... thx!

Now its time to play!
PiDD

Postby jowaldo on Fri Jun 25, 2004 8:07 pm

PiDD wrote:That did it... thx!

Now its time to play!

Do you use a ppc with my skin? If so, I'm lookin for some feedback on it... I'd like to start working on that part again :)
jowaldo

Postby PiDD on Fri Jun 25, 2004 8:39 pm

yes I am using a PPC, and in the first few minutes of use I have to say congrats .. great job!!

Version 3 seems a little slower acting than other version?? or is it just me?
PiDD

Postby jowaldo on Fri Jun 25, 2004 10:07 pm

In that latest download I just posted a link to did you copy over the new xlobby2sd.exe to the client that was in that zip file? And also check that the servers.txt is updated to the new format.
jowaldo

Postby PiDD on Fri Jun 25, 2004 10:31 pm

I saw that and copied the files to my ppc.
PiDD

Postby jowaldo on Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:04 pm

Does any screen in particular seems to be slow? I know quite a few people are having the problem where when you click on a button to go to another screen, it doesn't show the new screen unless you tap somewhere on the screen to refresh it.
jowaldo

Postby PiDD on Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:29 am

Your right its the double click problem.. and even then it acts a little wonky. Sometimes a double click is a triple click.

I hope there is a fix?

Rob
PiDD

PreviousNext