Event Timer

Got an idea, post it here

Event Timer

Postby AirPost on Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:08 pm

Not sure if this has been requested yet but similar to jfxwave's request regarding "defaulting back to menu" http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=685:
Can there be a general event timer that can trigger other commands, ie. the back to menu can be done by specifying in the event timer the wait time before it issues the goto menu screen or something like that. What I am currently doing is putting an rss overlay screen on my main menu to show realtime info. This is so that if my htpc is idle in the main menu, I can still see live info like top stories and such...and maybe system info (temp,fan,etc..) through the help of MBM and samurize maybe but that's another topic. Anyways, since the database can be refreshed via the category refresh command, I can set the event timer to refresh the database every minute or so and hence, will refresh the rss overlay screen giving me a real time effect. Is this possible?

ps. The event timer can also be used for other things from setting it to show specific screens for kiosk mode type thing (handy when you are showing off xlobby for commercialization) to an alarm clock by setting your favorite song to play at a specific time.
AirPost

Postby noviceboy on Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:21 pm

It's planned not yet complete- See triggers TAb for an event in event manager
noviceboy

Postby stevenhanna6 on Tue Mar 30, 2004 10:49 pm

yes what your talking about should be possible once I finish the timer tiggers.

If you want to see what it would look like....just and a refresh button and click it every second or so to get an idea of how it will work once the timer triggers are added.
stevenhanna6

Re: Event Timer

Postby Jay on Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:39 am

I'd like to see an expanded timer function with a date and time option.

For example, our AV gear doesn't necessarily get turned off at night. E.G.; I'd like to have an option to evoke an IR off event at some fixed time.

Date is secondary.

Thanks.
Jay

Postby wesblack on Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:27 pm

Jay,

This is already in the current version of xLobby V3 using the event triggers tools. Create a new trigger group then create individual scheduled timers based on the days and times you want to schedule the event. Add a local event to the scheduled trigger then create a macro of IR or RS232 commands to send or what ever you want.

xLobby Scheduled Timer Screenshot 1.jpg

Screenshot of xLobby triggers

xLobby Scheduled Timer Screenshot 2.jpg

Screenshot of the local trigger tied to the scheduled trigger event.

Any further questions, let me know.

Wes
wesblack

Postby Jay on Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:56 pm

Missed it.
Thanks - just what I need.
Jay