Samsung HDTV Owners

Speak your mind

Samsung HDTV Owners

Postby AirPost on Sat Apr 03, 2004 4:39 am

If you own one of the Samsung HDTV's, this trick might work for you as it did for me. In the past, I have been using powerstrip with my ati component dongle to display customized resolutions on my hdtv. Works great but not perfect (a little over and underscan). By doing the steps below, I was able to access the Service Menu where one can tweak the display and the unit to your heart's content. In the Service Menu, you can enable BBE sound processing even if your model originally did not feature it or enable picture-in-picture. The best part though is that you can tweak the display settings like geometry, color, size, convergence and a lot more just like a regular pc monitor. So with the latest Catalyst drivers and my tweaked settings, powertrip is no longer needed. Some might say that if you want to use other custom resolutions like 540p timing on 480p then you would still need Powerstrip which is true. But I just stick to the basics which are 480p and 1080i. All this blabbing -- just show the steps ! Fine, here it is:

1. Turn the tv off.
2. On your tv's remote, press POWER, then MUTE, then 1, then 8, then 2, then POWER again.

Try doing all the steps in under 2-3 seconds. If it doesn't work, try again, maybe you went too fast this time. To save the settings, just turn the tv off again. When you turn it back on and everytime after accessing the Service Menu, the display settings will default back to Dynamic mode. Just select the mode you were using before.

Just one more very important thing. If you are able to access the Service Menu, please, please, please write down the default settings first. Each tv although same models have different settings from the factory. And last, please do not blame me if your tv blows up the roof, hits a satellite which crashes to Earth and causes famine.
Last edited by AirPost on Sat Apr 03, 2004 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AirPost

Postby mattdisaster on Sat Apr 03, 2004 2:59 pm

Neato, what model are you using? And you got it to what level of quality, like a settop box? Thanks for the info.

-matt
mattdisaster

Postby AirPost on Sat Apr 03, 2004 6:46 pm

I'm using the TXN3071WHF model and yes, the quality is definitely better than the default settings.
AirPost