Key Triggers?

related to programming for xlobby, code samples, examples etc.

Key Triggers?

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:52 pm

Anybody tried key triggers on XL? it states "not done" atleast in my version of freelobby. Are they however working? and if so are they global?

Reason im asking i ended up putting together global key hook to xpert cause i had a need to determinate when user presses f2 or pause, and i thought it would be easy to build a key event triggers on top of that, but ofcourse wouldnt make much of sense to see the trouble (even small) if they already exists or theres no need...
P3rv3rt B3ar

Re: Key Triggers?

Postby lpg on Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:37 pm

Sorry I did not reply sooner. I do not know how I missed this post.

I do not think it works. I had to use a keystroke plugin(I think it was one of the French offerings) to get the 12volt trigger on my LCD to turn on and off my amps. Since Steven is incroporating a better event handler in future versions ( I do not know if he is incorporating scripting) I would hope he would incluse a keystroke emmulator. I want to dump eventghost and girder.

Larry
lpg

Re: Key Triggers?

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:19 pm

Thank u... that confirms my observation... i wasnt sure if i just didnt know how to use them :)

Ill be certainly adding this to next release of xPerT, its just ive managed again start to implement something, which manage to feck up the plugin a bit, so it will certainly take a while before putting it out. Anyway got idea about capturing barcode reader input at this point also (killing many flies with same code) apply some heuristic to discern it from regular keystrokes and make it possible to fire events when barcode has been read background.... its gonna be sweet :P
P3rv3rt B3ar