Variables: zone>###

Got an idea, post it here

Variables: zone>###

Postby alaricljs on Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:52 pm

Perhaps there's a way to get this, but there's little documentation on skinning zones that I've been able to find.

zone>1 would expand to the proper name of the first zone,
zone>2 the second

And so on down the list. Then I would have to worry about editing the skin just because I changed the name of a zone.

Thanks!
alaricljs

Postby BaddaBing on Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:27 pm

The name of the zone that appears is based on what you name the directory in which you install WinAmp/FooBar. For example; I created a directory called AudioZones. In that directory I created subdirectories named THEATER, FAMILY ROOM, PATIO and KITCHEN. I installed a copy of WinAmp in each sub-directory then pointed Xlobby to them in the setup. Now instead of '1, 2, 3' I see the room name of each zone. The only change you may need to make to a skin is to ensure the field is large enought to display the name.
BaddaBing

Postby alaricljs on Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:19 pm

Ok, then what *exactly* do I put in the Text to get the name of a zone?

I have the zone directory thing setup correctly, and zone>current shows the name nicely. What do I have to do to get "zone>1" to come up as the name of zone 1?

Thanks again.
alaricljs

Postby BaddaBing on Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:20 pm

Sorry dude, you lost me - not sure what you are asking - but I'll give it a shot. Zones are assigned as you add WinAmp/FooBar instances. So if you have text that is hard coded as 'Zone 1" then you would need to rename it - there is no auto-name function. If you can see the "active zone" name then it should be easy enough to rename the buttons.
BaddaBing

Postby alaricljs on Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:27 pm

Ok, so what I'm asking for doesn't appear to exist. I'll re-iterate to try and clear up any confusion.

I have 3 zones set up:
C:\Winamp Zones\Living Room\winamp.exe
C:\Winamp Zones\Kitchen\winamp.exe
C:\Winamp Zones\Basement\winamp.exe

They correctly display within zone>current when they are the currently active zone.

What I am asking for is to have my zone selection overlay buttons as:
zone>0
zone>1
zone>2

Instead of being hard coded. That way when I decide that the Basement doesn't need a zone anymore and I make it the Bedroom zone, all I do is change the zone config in XLobby, no re-skinning.

Admittedly this is a small thing, but that should make it easy! :)
alaricljs

Postby marque on Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:05 am

so you only need this fauture when you move or when you break down your basement :wink:
marque

Postby alaricljs on Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:23 pm

Or when I distribute my skin.
alaricljs