xLobby won't detect videos?

Help each other out

xLobby won't detect videos?

Postby spongebue on Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:58 am

Ok, I promise I'll do what I can to keep my threads in here at a minimum (I know I made one earlier today and all). I have a few videos of different types in my movies folder (mp4, mpg, and avi) and xLobby just won't detect any of them. I hit refresh, and it instantly says that it's done scanning 1/1 file (I'm assuming the main directory or something). I've tried removing and adding the folder for My Movies, then refreshing, and no luck. I also tried putting the folder under Video Folders, rather than Movie Folders, and that didn't work either.

Any ideas? I hope this isn't too hard to figure out, since it's the last major problem I'm having with this :)

Thanks,
Brian
spongebue

Re: xLobby won't detect videos?

Postby wesblack on Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:19 am

What does your file structure look like. The current release of xLobby uses the same file extensions for Movies as it does for Video's. To see the current File structures for importing goto F2, then select databases, then select the import tab to see extensions supported and meta mask structures.

Supported Examples:
c:\MyVideo's\Video1.avi
c:\MyVideo's\Video2.mpg

Wes Black \ Calrad

Wes Black \ Calrad
wesblack

Postby spongebue on Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:18 pm

Hi Wes,

All of my movies are in the C:\Documents and Settings\Brain\My Documents\My Movies folder (Yes, I am aware that I wrote Brain, rather than Brian in there... that's my nickname so I figured I'd use that)

The names of the movies are pretty straightforward, like Borat.mpg (say what you want, it's a funny movie!)

I never touched the Meta Masks, so they should all be what the defaults are. I also see mpg in the list of extensions, so I don't think it's that (and no, my movies aren't .mpeg)

Hope that answered your questions
spongebue

Postby wesblack on Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:34 am

Is there more then one .mpg file in the folder or is your structure like this.

C:\Documents and Settings\Brain\My Documents\My Movies folder\Borat\Borat.mpg

If you have more than one mpg file in a folder you will need to change some settings in F2 under databases, Import. Set the import type to custom and select folder to ignore. Re-import your database.

Wes Black \ Calrad

wesblack

Postby spongebue on Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:02 pm

Thanks, looks like that took care of it :) (I made a new folder for it via ftp, and it seemed to detect ok in the xLobby remote access thing)

Thanks again.

Brian
spongebue