xlobby two way communication?

Speak your mind

xlobby two way communication?

Postby summerall on Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:26 pm

If I setup xlobby with usb-uirt to send and receive ir commands how does xlobby know the current "state" of my equipment it controls?

For example: I'd like to be able to use xlobby as a front end for listening to FM radio. If xlobby via usb-uirt changes the radio station how does xlobby know the current station? Is there 2 way communication that happens between the two?

If xlobby doesn't have this then does other front ends like netremote? Or what are some workarounds?
summerall

Postby jowaldo on Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:49 pm

I don't know of any receivers that would communicate with a pc to tell it what station it is currently on. If you want xlobby to control something like fm radio, you'd be best off getting a fm tuner card for your pc
jowaldo

Postby Roscoe62 on Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:18 pm

If you're using a receiver that can be controlled via RS232, then it's possible to get some feedback via Girder and the serial plugin. This is currently how I control my preamp processor, and the feedback data such as volume, current input name and dolby digital/dts etc is there. If you also have an AM/FM receiver there then this data would probably be available as well. However, XLobby currently doesn't support the gathering and displaying of this data.

Well, not yet anyway :wink:
Roscoe62

Postby gravy on Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:18 pm

Roscoe62 wrote:

Ah right Roscoe! We had that request up on the board before the outage! I'm dying for 2 way comms to have xlobby display text sent from girder!!
gravy

Postby Kiros on Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:15 pm

gravy wrote:
Roscoe62 wrote:

Ah right Roscoe! We had that request up on the board before the outage! I'm dying for 2 way comms to have xlobby display text sent from girder!!

Two way communication would be the thing that takes Xlobby over the top, in my opinion. Most mid to high end receivers seem to have RS232 communication ability.

Kiros
Kiros

Postby Hiller on Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:12 pm

This may be possible in the near future...stay tuned and look for xAP in the plugins section...
Hiller