Disable tag info in 40beta and a m3u question

Help each other out

Disable tag info in 40beta and a m3u question

Postby lovemov on Fri Mar 26, 2004 3:54 pm

Hello,

I have been using 39 and quite happy with it. I have all my music files in this format:
D:\artist\album\01 - songname1.ape
D:\artist\album\02 - songname1.ape

The database imports works great in 39. But in 40, I guess due to tag info support, it will ignore artist and album that defined by folders, it use tag info for ape files instead. I have many files that some tagged, some not tagged and some tagged inacurate, so I don't want to use it. I wonder if there is a way to disable tag info during imports?

Another question is about m3u file. I for example in one directory, I have 10 songs and one m3u file contains all the 10 songs' filename in there, after imports (m3u only), the album will list 10 songs plus one m3u, so it become 11 tracks in the album, and when you actually play the whole album, it plays twice of coure since the m3u itself is a whole album list.
I 'd like to know how I can keep this m3u away from importing...

Thanks a lot!
lovemov

Postby noviceboy on Fri Mar 26, 2004 4:01 pm

I wonder if there is a way to disable tag info during imports?

Choose custom as the import option, and make your own import template using filter tags to get your artist /album info- look at the template for Movies,copy those tages and modify for your template.
noviceboy

Postby lovemov on Fri Mar 26, 2004 9:24 pm

Thanks noviceboy. I have tried with no luck, but seems it's the right way to go, can't find any help/doc decribe how to deal with it. Here is what I have done:

mask like this : \\(?<artist>*)\\(?<albumname>*)\\(?<track#>*) - (?<title>*)

If I select custom, folder 'item', it doesn't work; if I choose custom, folder 'ignore', I got artis and album correct, but each track become one album in the database. I believe I did something wrong in the mask, but I really have no idea how to make it right. Anyone?

Thanks!
lovemov

Postby noviceboy on Sat Mar 27, 2004 8:08 am

but each track become one album in the database.

can u describe this more, say paste an example of the resulting DB, showing this? Could also be that the importer does something specific for items it believes to be music. Sorry I dont have MP3 files.
Most of us ( except steven) guess the right TAGs through trial and Error :wink:
noviceboy