passcode protect trick/tip

title says it all

passcode protect trick/tip

Postby jfxwave on Mon Dec 08, 2003 7:00 am

I use a touch screen and didn't want anyone to exit Xlobby so here is what I did.

Removed the exit button on the Main Menu and all minimize buttons.
Make 6 new screen that have 12 buttons the same and number them 1 – 12
I named them as follows:
1. password
2. password1
3. password2
4. password3
5. password4
6. password5

Now on the Main Menu I put a button named “Lock/Unlock”.
“Lock/Unlock” will take you to “password”, from there you must set a button ( 1-12 ) to go on to “password1” make sure you make all other buttons go back to “password”
So say we picked button number 2, if 2 is push you will go on to “password1” if any other button is pushed you will go back to “password” and have to start over.

Now you must set a button on “password1” to go to “password2” and make all others go back to “password”

Repeat until you get to “password5” where you can have the last number go to the exit page or you can do what I did and have a button under the keypad that says “unlock”
If you do it like I did make sure you have the “unlock” button on all but the last page go back to “password” and have it go to the Exit page on “password5”
You must hit all 6 numbers right in a row to get to the Exit screen. If you hit anything out of order you have to start all over.

Remember I use a touch screen so there is no keyboard. (Well there is a wireless one but it’s in a cabinet).
The best way to do this is to make the first “password” page with all the buttons going to “password” and the copy password.xml some where and keep renaming it for all your “password” pages and then edit inside XLobby just the button number you pick to go on to the next one.

Plus the only way “without a keyboard” to edit Xlobby is going to the Exit page and then the help page.

I hope you understand this. LOL

P.S remember you can hit “pause/break” key on a keyboard just incase you find your self in a loop. LOL
jfxwave

Postby mattdisaster on Mon Dec 08, 2003 3:30 pm

lol, thats awesome! I'll have to see if i can set this for for the movies section. hehe

-matt
mattdisaster

Postby Twit on Mon Dec 08, 2003 5:26 pm

Thought i would tack this on as a remote controlled tip as my system runs remote control only.

I use girder to control everything and did not want anybody to be able to shut xlobby down.

First move the exit button on the main menu to some out of the way position/place and make it realy small. make it hidden and untick nav item.
Then give it an event code - you will need to remember this.

In girder i created a multigroup and added a command for the red OFF button on my remote and set it to enable command 1 listed later and a second command that uses the alarmtimer plugin (you will have to enable it in settings). On the alarm timer command i set only the 'on end' property which calls the reset group listed later.

I created another command 1 and set it to enable command 5. (i then disabled this group)

I created another command called 5 and set it to enable command 9. (i then disabled this group)

I created command 9 and set it to wparam 55555 and lparam <the event code in xlobby for the exit button> - set the target only to the exe.

I created another multigroup called reset which has 3 commands which disable 1 , 5 and 9.

Depending on what time you set in the timer plugin (i use 2000ms = 2 seconds) depends on the time you get to push redoff/1/5/9.

If i donot push them in time(2 seconds) and the correct order they get reset to disabled and you have to start again.

i.e bigred enables girder to register the 1 which in turn alows 5 to register and so on.

If you do not understand post youe e-mail and i will mail you my gml file.

Later
Simon.
Twit

Postby mattdisaster on Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:00 pm

This keeps getting better and better, the thing to make this awesome whould be if steven was able to make something in xlobby that allowed us to creat this as a screen like the abc screen is in the new skin. So it would popup over the skin and add more of a "private/password only area" to it. but this will do for now hehe.

-matt
mattdisaster