Jowaldo's Skin - Beta 2.1 - UPDATED for resource manager

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Postby jowaldo on Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:35 pm

PiDD wrote:Jowaldo,

What about artist - album names under the album pics for both ppc and pc? Is that possible?

Yeah its possible, but it would be a lot of text to squeeze in there. You know about the "Now playing screen"? Click on the now playing album cover at the bottom of any of the normal music screens, or the actual text that says "now playing"

On the ppc just click on the tab at the top of any of the music screens and go to now playing.

Does that work for you?
jowaldo

Postby jowaldo on Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:37 pm

PiDD wrote:Any idea why the ppc would play to zone2?

I don't think it would be anything in the skin, cuz I haven't even really touched multizone stuff.

You might want to check your servers.txt on the ppc that its set to zone:1
jowaldo

Postby PiDD on Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:54 pm

Does that work for you?

The more I think about it the more I think it wont work.

Where I was coming from is... I dont know the album by the cover art in most cases. The mouse over is nice for pc but we dont have that option for ppc. I was just wondering the best way to identify the albums.

Even if the artist can be diplayed under the album that would help.
PiDD

Postby jowaldo on Fri Jul 02, 2004 4:17 pm

PiDD wrote:
Does that work for you?

The more I think about it the more I think it wont work.

Where I was coming from is... I dont know the album by the cover art in most cases. The mouse over is nice for pc but we dont have that option for ppc. I was just wondering the best way to identify the albums.

Even if the artist can be diplayed under the album that would help.

The mouse over on the pc? I'm not sure what you mean by that...

So you want the Artist name to be under the album cover, or the album name? And do you mean at the bottom of the quick view, albums, and playlist screen where the now playing album cover is? Cuz that is a really small space.
jowaldo

Postby PiDD on Fri Jul 02, 2004 4:37 pm

The mouse over on the pc? I'm not sure what you mean by that... /quote]

On the PC when you put your mouse over the album cover the title/artist is displayed on the header.

So you want the Artist name to be under the album cover, or the album name? And do you mean at the bottom of the quick view, albums, and playlist screen where the now playing album cover is? Cuz that is a really small space.

The artist name under the album cover in the main music view.

Also, after you have done a search how can you get back to the main music page?
PiDD

Postby jowaldo on Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:40 pm

Is something to this effect what you are looking for?

About the search, when you click on the A-Z button, it brings up the search overlay, and the A-Z button turns to an X

Just click the x to close it
jowaldo

Postby PiDD on Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:51 pm

That is EXACTLY what i was looking for!! Great job!
PiDD

Time display on the Now Playing Screen

Postby oajungen on Sat Jul 03, 2004 10:06 am

Hi Jowaldo,
Just another wish from me....

Most of the time my HTPC is in the screen Now Playing, which is a great screen. The only thing I am missing is the current system date and time. Can you find a spot on this screen to put this information?
oajungen

Postby gingellr on Sat Jul 03, 2004 3:21 pm

Hi Jowaldo,

Just started using my Axim X30 PPC.
Screens look really good.

My Issues so far.

1. When the PPC auto switches off after you turn back on soon as you try any thing with xlobby it quits on an error and you have to run xlobby2sd again.

2. If you manually quit out of ppc client it closes the xlobby server prog down. Is there any way of either to stop this happening or minimising the ppc client so can do other things on ppc while music playing.

3. Is it possible to put the play all button on the ppc screens like you have on the main screen?

4. The ppc screen only refreshes every time the screen is touched, is it possible to set the refresh so it up dates all the time for example when it is in the cradel?

Thanks

Richard
gingellr

Re: Time display on the Now Playing Screen

Postby jowaldo on Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:32 pm

oajungen wrote:Hi Jowaldo,

Most of the time my HTPC is in the screen Now Playing, which is a great screen. The only thing I am missing is the current system date and time. Can you find a spot on this screen to put this information?

No problem, its added now :)
jowaldo

Postby jowaldo on Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:57 pm

gingellr wrote:Hi Jowaldo,

Just started using my Axim X30 PPC.
Screens look really good.

My Issues so far.............

1. For me at least, if I turn my ppc (axim x5 with dell true mobile card) back on, and press a button right away on the screen it will crash. If I wait a few seconds before I press a button so it can re-establish a wifi connection, everything is fine. I know it doesn't work for some people depending on their wifi card. For that I think steven is looking into it.

2. Supposedly this should work to close just the client., but it doesn't seem to be correctly, I made a post about it and we'll see what steven says. I'll add a minimize button tho to it. :)

3. Yeah I can put a play all on the music note pop up on the ppc screens.

4. You can set in your servers.txt file a refresh:1000 line to have it refresh every 1 second, but I've heard that option is pretty buggy, so use it carefully ;) There is no way tho for it to only do this when it is in the cradle. Xlobby is not aware of when it is in the cradle... maybe it could be added, but as of now that won't work.
jowaldo

Postby oajungen on Sun Jul 04, 2004 12:13 am

jowaldo wrote:

So do you have this version of your skin for download :wink:
oajungen

Postby jowaldo on Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:53 am

oajungen wrote:
jowaldo wrote:

I will very soon, I just want to make all the changes to the music album cover art with the text around it to look right before I post it again. Plus a few other changes.
jowaldo

Postby oajungen on Sun Jul 04, 2004 10:12 am

jowaldo wrote:
oajungen wrote:
jowaldo wrote:

I will very soon, I just want to make all the changes to the music album cover art with the text around it to look right before I post it again. Plus a few other changes.

Oke great!
Just another idea. Could you place put some more information on the Now Playing like bitrate, genre, etc. of the current playing song and if possible the next song?
oajungen

Postby jowaldo on Sun Jul 04, 2004 5:26 pm

Yeah I'll look into adding some of that too.
jowaldo

PreviousNext