Indication of multi-zone sync??

Got an idea, post it here

Indication of multi-zone sync??

Postby alaricljs on Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:36 pm

Is there any way to get visual indication of multi-zone audio being in sync?

I was playing with multiple zones and noticed that any zone that was sync'd to another had no now-playing info and no playlist. Without being in that room and hearing the music, you'd never know it was producing output.

It would be nice to have a variable for each zone that would indicate it was in sync with another zone. Preferably it would produce no output if the zone wasn't in sync.

Here's a cut from my skin showing the current zone:

It'd be nice to toss in a little line that had "Master zone: Kitchen" if it was sync'd to the kitchen zone, and just "Master zone" if it was such. Beneath the Sync button perhaps. There's way too much involved to put all this logic in a skin however.

Thanks!
alaricljs

Postby rhinoman on Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:45 pm

I agree, the ability to tell which zone started the sync would be great and or the abilty to lock control to the starting zone, just allowing volume adjustments to the other zones.

I think Steven has some of this in mind when he gets back to the xnet stuff.
rhinoman

Postby marque on Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:02 am

That would be nice but it would be even nicer if you can select the zones that you want to sync and leave the rest playing there play list, so kitchen and livingroom are synced and the bedroom is still its own zone.
marque

Postby rhinoman on Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:03 am

That would be nice but it would be even nicer if you can select the zones that you want to sync and leave the rest playing there play list, so kitchen and livingroom are synced and the bedroom is still its own zone.

It sure would.
rhinoman