S Pittaway

Postby S Pittaway on Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:03 pm

Humpty Dumpty had a great fall....
S Pittaway

Postby S Pittaway on Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:11 pm

All the kings horses...
S Pittaway

Postby stevenhanna6 on Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:33 am

k i will consider this, I need to know though...should the "..." be shown on every page? or just page 1. I guess you will also want a custom "up" icon or whatever.
stevenhanna6

Postby Colby on Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:50 pm

I would say we should have a custom icon. And maybe an ability to specify which corner or top or bottom of list.
Colby

Postby S Pittaway on Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:56 am

brill, this is th only thing that media-portal et-al could do that xlobby was missing....

personally, i would be happy with the first entry in the catergory being the up a level entry...

i dont think it sould be shown on every page, i think that would end up taking up to much "space" - i only show 6 albums on my music screen, droping it down to 5 seems a bit drastic.

specifing text and a image would be great.

Cheers, Sean.
S Pittaway

Postby BaddaBing on Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:13 pm

I'll thow in my support for this - it would make the interface more user friendly and add to WAF (wife approval factor) rating. And I definitely agree that it should be an optional feature as not all categories would require it.
-baddabing
BaddaBing

Postby stevenhanna6 on Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:38 am

Ok I tried approaching this from a couple different angles, but then I figured out a real simple way of doing it. I didn't get much time to test my new way with different layouts but it should work for any category.

-categories now have a toggle for "previous level", under the category "display" tab

the text box is for actual text you want displayed, use the button to set an image or whatever you want there. And make sure the checkbox is checked off.

http://www.xlobby.com/xlobby2.zip

try it out and tell me if its enough. I can make the "back icon" appear in any position....maybe I will add another text box for the position you guys want it in....I dont know if its really necessary I cant think of any uses for it beyond the first position.
stevenhanna6

Postby sagitaz on Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:10 am

i test this on my menu category. with this there are a bug in navigation category.

i use a category with just 1 colunms and up/dows move navigation.
sagitaz

Postby S Pittaway on Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:48 am

it works fine for what i wanted, not sure about the last post...

only thing i could see was (using music as an example) -

"group a" has 3 albums, i click on "group a" and get the 3 albums and a back icon, click on the albums shows the detail screens, click on back and i can seee everything - great :)

"group b" only has one album but when i click on it pops up a back and a album, i them click on that to get to the detail screen.

would it not be sensible for single item folders to go straight to the detail screen/click event?

BTW, Thank you for adding this, its a nice feature that i think a lot of people will end up using,

Sean.
S Pittaway

Postby S Pittaway on Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:55 pm

i think i know what sagitaz ment :)

cursor navugation isent quite right - bring up a cat with a few items in it and move arround using th e cursor keys...

focus jumps around in a funny way, also it seems to get a bit stuck on the "up" entry.
S Pittaway

Postby stevenhanna6 on Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:07 pm

ok new fix for you guys to try, turns out this is a little more tricky than I thought.

http://www.xlobby.com/xlobby2.zip

S Pittaway, I went with your idea about if a group only has one item then show that item....no point in going from level to level just to get to one item. So test that out also if you can.
stevenhanna6

Postby sagitaz on Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:54 pm

navigation work fine now , thanks steven ... but now we cant renamme this, it's alredy "back".
sagitaz

Postby DaveG on Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:56 am

This is a great feature that makes album selection slicker. But I seem to have one bug Steven: my overlay that shows the list of albumtracks uses text boxes to show category>music>artist and category>music>albumname but these come up blank if the overlay is dislayed from a group containing a single album. But when the album is selected from a multiple group it displays ok as it used to.

Any ideas why this might be?

Thanks
DaveG

Postby S Pittaway on Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:00 am

Yep, noticed the same things.

changed the name to blank or ... and it still shows on the screen as "back"

also noticed that the detail is not loaded for single entry folders...

Another one that i found was that snaptrack messes up the musicdetails screen - if you are looking at an album and the track changes the artistname ect stay the same but the track category is set to a couple of blank entries... i think its done a back a level on the music db and the number of entries is the numer of albums in that folder....
S Pittaway

PreviousNext