An IP control interface to XLobby (xAP ?)

Information related to the pre-release commercial version of xlobby

An IP control interface to XLobby (xAP ?)

Postby CouchPotatoe on Thu May 17, 2007 3:04 pm

Steven, Please do consider an IP based control connection to XLobby. Allowing effectively all XLobbys features to be remote controlled and all XLobbys 'events' to be reported as they happen in realtime (transport control / elapsed times / metadata etc), Library access as well.. This may be very much the same protocol as any RS232 control interface you supply of course.

As ever if you are interested in considering xAP as such an interface I would be happy to help in whatever way I can. It's a very simple protocol but highly expandable and capable.

xAP has a number of standalone xAP peripheral devices now offering basic hardware I/O , lighting, X10 , telephony, temperature and weathers station attach, 1-wire etc etc. Additionally there are numerous xAP applications offering richer data access, emails, news, VOIP, *, TV listings, telephony logs, Outlook, and hardware mp3 players eg Squeezebox etc etc. I can arrange license issues too (its free) . It's a great way to add a lot of I/O through one driver and could provide your control/event interface too.

The abilty to attach a hardware mp3 player like Squeezebox etc to XLobby as a zone I think would be fantastic.

If you do prefer an alternative to xAP then no worries (as we can attach to it) but please do provide something IP socket based to allow good integration of XLobby within other control systems.

K

Apologies - this was supposed to go in the 'suggested enhancements' thread .. can you perhaps move it for me...
CouchPotatoe

Postby lar282 on Thu May 17, 2007 3:47 pm

Now THAT'S a good suggestion....

+1

//Lasse
lar282

Postby samgreco on Thu May 17, 2007 6:11 pm

+!
samgreco

Postby capecodscot on Fri May 18, 2007 1:33 pm

+1
capecodscot

Postby dgemily on Fri May 18, 2007 3:28 pm

+1 (even if xap plugin doing what I need right now ;) )
dgemily