Heres how PLAY.COM SCAMMED me. BEWARE that shop

Speak your mind

Heres how PLAY.COM SCAMMED me. BEWARE that shop

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:06 pm

They were selling nonexistant item "Goyas ghost (blu-ray)". I order it, they ship me DVD. I complain and send DVD back asking replacing it with blu-ray. They refund me for lousy 3 euros (i guess for postage, which cost me actually over 5€). They ship me another DVD as replacement.

I complain again, this time asking for refund and telling them that this kinda mistake cant repeat itself unless they have something fundamentally wrong either in their warehouse or database. Guy or girl who reads my complaint goes to patch their database and make all references to the product disappear and has actually nerve to claim me that i originally ordered DVD, and ofcourse (s)he now has their database backing that statement.

Im like hit in the head with a club. I never believed somebody had a nerve to do something like that. I was expecting a reward for pointing out a problem in their database, not to be accused of lying. How can i be so sure i ordered blu-ray originally: cause i double and triple checked my order data in their database after first DVD shipment, cause first thing i was suspecting was myself ofcourse. It stated clearly blu-ray, until ofcourse handler of my complaint changed it to DVD. I should have taken screen capture of their base but i didnt, cause u wouldnt really expect something like this to happen, would u?

But i happen to have proof i ordered blu-ray, i still have original invoice (of replacement shipment) on black and white on paper which features line fetched directly from their base (before change) which clearly states that product i ordered was "BLU". Also its well documented on web forums they used to sell this nonexistant blu-ray.

I pointed all that out, sent them 3 emails, complete with scans of that manifest. I never got reply, or never saw my 23 euros. Instead i end up spending over 10 € shipping both DVDs back. all i got refunded was lousy 3 euros. So i take loss around 30€ and lot of wasted time and hassle.

I never order this place again. neither should u.

For fairness sake i have to say i have over 50 transactions with them in past which went smoothly. So it kinda makes u wonder... could they have acted little bit more reasonable... its amazon for bear now on :D
P3rv3rt B3ar

Re: Heres how PLAY.COM SCAMMED me. BEWARE that shop

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:58 pm

U know guys... i would just like to let this slip, cause fighting for few dimes like this makes u just wear out in the end, regardless u get them back double or not... but on the other hand im extremely pissed about arrogance tied to this particular case... so should i continue on the matter? and if so what should be my next move? complain to credit card company (VISA) perhaps? or could i even file a fraud charges against them?
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby Jay on Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:10 pm

VISA should be familiar with this sort of thing.
Explain the situation and, depending how far you get, ask them about the fraud option.
Jay

Postby Marbles_00 on Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:02 pm

You have a case, especially if you have some sort of paper trail to back you up. Do you have the original receipt...either actual hard copy or via email? What does the shipper indicate? Sometimes they indicate contents. If the shipper or receipt has some sort of number (skew or distributor ident number or a catalog number) that can be associated to the Blu-ray disk itself, then you have a strong case.

I so dislike companies that try to pull a fast one over on customers...it would just be nice to see a customer turn and stick it to them.
Marbles_00

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:03 pm

Yep Marb... i should have water tight case... like i said i have their original invoice stating boldfaced "BLU" out of their database trough their printers. The problem is how should i shove it up their asses cause obviously i cant send the original for them to see, i bet i wouldnt ever heard it again and then i would truly have nothing.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:36 pm

For the curious, here is pic of their invoice... i took a liberty to photoshop out my real contact information (allthought i really have tried to annoy u all equally, but this is public forum after all, i dont wanna find some overly pissed home theater geek with M16 loose on my lawn at later date.) Like i said this is original invoice from replacement shipment (2nd shipment) which again incorrectly contained DVD (also pictured) that is why the price is 0.00. Invoice of the first shipment which contained real price (around 23+€) i already sent back with first DVD (their policy), but it contained also "BLU" as region. Price is well documented on other email receipts, and ofcourse on visa bills (and VISAs base)... price is not under dispute here but the format.
Attachments
playfucksass.JPG
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby defrag on Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:37 am

P3rv3rt B3ar wrote:i dont wanna find some overly pissed home theater geek with M16 loose on my lawn at later date.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think we are all in agreement you have a case. Any documentary proof that describes goods purchased but never received should be enough to fulfill your customoer rights. It's a shame about Play though, I've never had a problem with them.

Keep us posted
defrag

Postby S Pittaway on Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:51 am

not defending them but i have to say i have returned things in the past to them and had no problem...

i would simply let the credit card people take over.
S Pittaway

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:11 pm

I think they took play.com because .con was already taken :D Uknow if i would put my imaginary ferrari on sale, i would land in jail in notime.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby Marbles_00 on Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:21 pm

You know someone would do this :wink:

Umm...imaginary ferrari....imaginary Blu-ray disc. $200,000 to $30. I can understand why you would land yourself in jail if you frauded someone of $200,000+ . That's like comparing a watermelon to a M&M chocolate (if you don't have them in Europe...boy your missing out :roll: ...actually I'm :mrgreen: with all the things you do have that we don't over here...like "public" topless beaches....yes I know this bracket is getting too long and is totally off topic....so I will shut up now).
Marbles_00

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:04 pm

Yep u r right marb, allthought ive heard salami eaters go to jail too... even though theyre stealin mere half pennies.

M&M uhhh? i dont even know if we have... had them in brazil... dont miss em... marb we have switzherland
... how could we possibly miss out m&ms :D next time u visit local candy shop bring home for u wife & girls some Lindth's Stracciatella (sp?) now thats some chocolate :P :P :P package says limited edition though... i hope u can still catch it somewhere :)

One thing i miss out is HALLS though... mmm vapors in bottom of u nuts while u girl is eating them while bl... wait a minute now we r getting way off topic here
:D

EDIT: oh sorry i missed the :roll: and topless beaches... well bring home some lindth's anyway... girls gonna love u for that.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:47 pm

defrag wrote: It's a shame about Play though, I've never had a problem with them.

Yes it is a shame. Im rather down about the fact that i have to boycott them now on... they have good selection, fast deliveries and are pretty much perfect supplier when stuff works like it should. Like i said i have some 50+ good transaction with them. Unfortunately they never seem have heard that old american adage about customer being right.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:06 pm

S Pittaway wrote:not defending them but i have to say i have returned things in the past to them and had no problem...

Well i would be shocked if they could f*** up every return and still remain in business... but how i see it is if u have to return stuff things have gone too far already... i mean shouldnt they get it right on first time? not second? or third? I can speak only for myself but i order stuff from net just because its damn easy... ill get stuff on the door... without moving my butt... but the easiness is quickly lost when u have to start to make trips to post office returning shit... and thats simply too much. but yeah every company makes mistakes eventually... and it seems like in your case they work like they should. Sadly in my case :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:39 pm

Marb, wanna buy my imaginary ferrari for thirty bucks (that is bucks american or "Novi roubles" like we call them here in euroland)? :D doesnt matter is all profit anyway :lol:
P3rv3rt B3ar

Postby Marbles_00 on Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:29 pm

Umm...no...but if the price was right, you'd may be able to sell me on some La Bleue absinthe :wink: . Been looking for that, as well as Spanish Deva 70. Most likely though, both would be out of my price range.
Marbles_00

Next