Image Refresh w/o Restart

Got an idea, post it here

Image Refresh w/o Restart

Postby mattdisaster on Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:54 am

Hey there steven-
I know you're slammed with requests (like always) but I just realized how much a pain in the ass it is to have to restart xlobby in order to use new images placed into xlobby while its open. Can you put in a refresh images option? That way I dont need to stop listening to music while skinning to restart the skin to find the stupid back button icon I edited while working on the skin . hehe. Thanks alot steven- you're the best!

-matt
mattdisaster

Postby Colby on Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:28 am

Matt, youre a little unclear, But I know what you mean. There already is a refresh image button in the skin editor. It was added some time ago. I love it. The problem arises when you name a new button, the same as one already in use. Which is the frustrating part of skinning. If you create a new button with a new name (one not in the buttons folder) you can click refresh and viola!, it is there. So what XL needs is to either let you overwrite files in use, or delete files in use, or rename files in use. I dont know how easy this would be to do. I suggest renaming your files.png's then refresh.
Colby

Postby Twit on Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:46 am

Hey! I just noticed the image refresh button - cool.
Maybe there should be a release/grab button - ie release all images for external modding.

Later
Simon.
Twit

Postby mattdisaster on Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:14 am

Wow I totally missed that button! Sorry about being unclear, I'm slooooow like that. But a neat thing would be the ability to refresh and image being used. That's part of what I meant, I was working on a button and had to restart xl like 6 times in a row. Kinda sucked!

-matt
mattdisaster

Postby stevenhanna6 on Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:20 pm

yah that does suck, I think this is pretty important so I have added the ability to update images without restarting. You can use the refresh buttons that are already in the skin editor to cause xlobby to check if an image has been updated...or you can hit F6 while editing or not to cause the same refresh to happen.

http://www.xlobby.com/xlobby2.zip

I didnt test it out very much, but it seemed to work over here.
stevenhanna6

Postby mattdisaster on Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:36 pm

Awesome steven! Works here, well the first time I got a white screen of death somehow, but I can't reproduce it, now it works fine. Just another idea, would it be possible to get a complete refresh, say like a startup refresh(databases, eventgroups, and stuff like that)? I just did some out of xlobby work on my event groups and had to restart, argh. lol So once again Bright Eyes had to be stopped, and then restarted lol. Thanks you're the best!

-matt
mattdisaster