Modifying skins.

Speak your mind

Modifying skins.

Postby lovingHDTV on Sat May 14, 2005 10:30 pm

I have found some functionality in a skin I don't use and would like to add it to the skin I do use. For example, I like the "Internet Radio" features in a couple of the skins and would like to add it to the SageMC skin. Is there a way to import the internet radio pieces of one skin into an existing skin? If so then I could change the appearance. I'm thinking this would be easier than doing it all from scratch.

Is there a straightforward way to do this?

thanks,
lovingHDTV

Postby Colby on Sun May 15, 2005 1:54 am

you can quilt internet radio from one skin to another, but it wont be seemless. You will still have to set up and skin some things. 1st copy the internet radio database into your db folder. I know some people on this forum have complete thousands of station dbs. Maybe you could get one of theirs. As far as adding a radio page to your skin you can copy the radio page xml into the skins directory with the other pages. You will need to create a button on some page to take you there however. And there is no garantee that the page will work because all of the buttons reference the skin's eventgroups. Generally peoples skins arent that universal without re -referencing the events in the event manager. And heck if you are gonna do that, along with reshaping graphics then you pretty much are creating the page from scratch anyway. What I would do is: If the skin you are using doesnt have a radio page ask the skin engineer to make one, most all of us will do that. 2nd. If you are wanting a unique setup for your application then you will probably be skinning from scratch. (thank heavens for a skin editor!) Best of luck!
Colby