client displaying what server is playing, not client

V3 help and support questions

client displaying what server is playing, not client

Postby billberet on Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:52 am

in media player, the coverart and title that is being displayed on the client is showing the text of what the server is playing.

if i go on server play a movie 'spiderman' the coverart in media player and the title displays spiderman.
now on the client i want to watch a movie, and i click on 'avatar' the movie will play but the title will display spiderman.
and sometimes the coverart will show what is playing on the server, not what is currently playing on the client.

this error happens on mediaplayer.xml

any ideas?
billberet

Re: client displaying what server is playing, not client

Postby billberet on Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:42 am

also, if i leave the client media player open and play a movie on the server, the client will display what movie is being played on the server.
as i keep playing different movies one after another, the client media player will change as well, displaying each title.
here is a screenshot of my client as i play a video on the server.
as you can see the coverart and title is showing what is playing on the server

billberet

Postby samsonlov on Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:53 am

Sorry I don't have a solution - I haven't played movies on a server.
I just wanted to let you know it's nice to see you're making use of the multi-room volume controls.
(Instead of linking away from media player to show lights, you could use the same concept to change what room's lighting controls are shown on the screen - just copy the volume buttons and paste them where the lights link is, change each button image and text to refer to a particular lighting load and change the event, and then the lighting control buttons for whatever room you're in will display on the media player screen - less navigation to make a lighting adjustment - actually an even easier way to get this control may be to copy the lighting buttons used for a particular room to the mediaplayer screen and just put-in the corresponding "buttonid" for each element. - this should work for sliders also.)
:)
samsonlov

Postby billberet on Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:21 am

Dude, those volume controls are the $hiT
LOVE THEM, and i use them every day.

not a bad idea for the lighting controls, i think i'll give it a try,

as for the bug, i can always work around it, or i can just take away the title on the client machines, then it won't display anything.
thanks again
-bb
billberet

Postby samsonlov on Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:14 am

You should post this in Mantis - if it's already there, I didn't see it - maybe needs a "bump."

Make sure to upload a few screenshots of the media player screen after you add the "room specific" lighting controls.
samsonlov