I'm trying to create a basic skin and am stuck, please help

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

I'm trying to create a basic skin and am stuck, please help

Postby egandt on Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:34 am

I have 2 screens:
menu (the menu screen)
splash (the splash screen)

1. I set Start Up Screen to Splash, but it never calls menu no idea how to force it to call menu
2. I Understand that to get the status of during loading I need an object "postion-status" now this is not a text object so what is it?

I'm looking for a good basic explanation as to how this is all suppose to come together as I'm very quickly lost.

ERIC
egandt

Postby Colby on Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:14 am

set your startup screen to menu, not splash. The splash screen will always load as part of the process. The status box isnt really an editable variable so its not really something you add. The easiest way to make a splash screen is to edit an existing one, change position, resource and background. Dont add events or anything to the splash.
Colby

Postby art on Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:15 am

splash is a special screen - do NOT set it as startup screen!!!; this is the screen that shows up when xl loads its components and that's where "position-status" (you did mis-spell position) will show progress. Startup screen is the one that will show after splash screen.

EDIT: and Colby was quicker :)
art

Postby Colby on Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:27 am

art wrote:EDIT: and Colby was quicker :)

Yeah Im a regular quickdraw. Its nice to answer the easy ones once and a while. :)
Colby