Xpad help

V3 help and support questions

Xpad help

Postby lar282 on Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:50 am

Hi
Tried the new rich web client now that I know that we connect with /web, but I can't make it work properly. I'm testing on the same machine so its not the connection. The screen never gets refreshed properly and if I press a button, the server goes to the screen but the client stays on the incorrect rendered screen. (see attached pictures)

Then I got some questions:
1:/ How do I make a client connect to xl server but to a specific screen. I want the client to connect to menu_ipad.xml but I want the XL server to have menu.xml. Just like we could on the good old thincklient.
2:/ How do I remove mimic?
3:/ How do I have different screen resolutions for diff webclients like you said in the description. Like iphone on menu.xml=one resolution and ipad on menu.xml gets one resoulution?

Regards

//Lasse
Attachments
XL_Correct.jpg
correct
XL_Wrong.JPG
through web, wrong
lar282

Re: Xpad help

Postby wesblack on Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:23 pm

See my updated News post.

http://xlobby.com/news/2010/11/01/xlobby-xpad-first-release/

1:/ How do I make a client connect to xl server but to a specific screen. I want the client to connect to menu_ipad.xml but I want the XL server to have menu.xml. Just like we could on the good old thincklient.

The startup screen for the Xpad will always be the menu.xml file after web/.

Ipad Demo Menu is the default startup page

Example:
http://192.168.254.165:8002/web/Ipad Demo Menu

2:/ How do I remove mimic? Fixing this issue, for now just clone or create a new menu control system for just the Xpad HTML delivered pages.
3:/ How do I have different screen resolutions for diff webclients like you said in the description. Like iphone on menu.xml=one resolution and ipad on menu.xml gets one resoulution? Clone or create new menus for each device to control and set each menu using the Viewport screen settings.

Wes Black \ Calrad
wesblack

Postby lar282 on Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:33 am

Thanks Wes
I saw your info post to late, sorry about that.

I'll just wait for a few releases so that categories and streaming music will work. That's mainly what I will use it for. So cool that a web client can be used for listning to music.
Let us know if u need testing on specific stuff, cause this feature can be really great. It will fill in the gap of the old thin client.

Thanks again

//Lasse
lar282

Postby vaporhat on Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:50 am

possibly a silly question, but how do you change the username?
vaporhat

Postby lar282 on Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:21 am

vaporhat wrote:possibly a silly question, but how do you change the username?

if u mean webserver ID, then the answer is= U can't -:)

//Lasse
lar282

Postby porscheman on Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:57 pm

first off, great job on this. the button clicks and refresh work great. progress bars are smooth and very usable. ive found you cant hide buttons off screen like before, at least with the archos 7 i bought it doesnt resize it just pops up scroll bars. not a big deal, just have to be pixxle perfect on you backgrounds and anything else close to the edges.
Another interesting thing about this, with the cat view for any one the db's ive tried

1. looks and works great on the pc/tv's screen, overlay is the one selected and the item is correct

2. looks different on the archos screen and will select a different movie/cd than pressed, uses the wrong overlay (the one for the large screen)
i get a 4x4 grid of the correct db that i cant find any setting to adjust. when the window is set to cover most of the screen its 4x4, at a 1/4 of the
screen its 4x4. the aspect of the covers just stretch to fill the space.
porscheman

Postby wesblack on Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:24 pm

Glad you like what we are doing. There are new improvements and updates on a regular basis, I am watching the forum and mantis to keep things moving along and will answer questions and post responses when I can. :D

Reminder updates can be found here under Alt+F2, 1. Select the Advanced button, 2. Select the Bleeding Edge button, 3. Select Install Updates button . Just a reminder toggling Al+F2 will show or hide the Setup Menu.

xLobby Update.jpg

Wes Black \ Calrad
wesblack

Postby Bill Lott on Sun May 08, 2011 2:45 pm

Can you watch remote movies on the xPad Web Server platform? Is there a special event that needs to be created?
Bill Lott

Postby wesblack on Mon May 09, 2011 3:16 pm

This feature is not available in the current release. This is something that's still on our list....not sure of the ETA. Additional news will be posted in the future on items we plan to add and when..... now that the basic xPad platform is in place.
wesblack