If / Then / Else Type Variable

title says it all

If / Then / Else Type Variable

Postby CiXel on Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:12 am

Is there a way...
I need to create an event that goes something like this:

IF %collectionnumber% is greater than 300 THEN run this event ELSE run that event

Perspective I have two Pioneer changers that are daisy chained to each other, and are running via my favorite front end... XL ;) This has worked great for years now as the two players are cascaded via s-video cables. He's my new situation however: I'm now seriously considering jumping in the deep end and picking up an HDTV (My old Sony XBR doesn't offer me that :( ) The thing here is that, while the machines are cascadeable for composite and s-video, they are not for Component output. That being the case when I hit a movie now in XL I'd like to be able to switch the Video input to match. So given the Previous example

IF %collectionnumber% > 300 THEN "Video 2" ELSE "Video 1"

I'm trying to get this working BEFORE I actually buy the thing for some solace, but I can't seem to find the right combination.

Any ideas oh Sages of XL :?:
CiXel

Postby m_ski on Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:00 pm

You could do this with some simple code for XscriptNG plugin. Just a little bit of C# or VB would do the trick. Download the plugin if you don't have it already and take a look at the examples.
m_ski

Postby dalanik on Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:24 pm

m_ski wrote:You could do this with some simple code for XscriptNG plugin. Just a little bit of C# or VB would do the trick. Download the plugin if you don't have it already and take a look at the examples.

Ahhhhh, you beat me to replying to this! :-)
dalanik

Postby tswhite70 on Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:45 pm

I may sound like a broken record, but Girder is another option. You can send the variable to Girder, do your processing, and then call (sendmessage) the appropriate Xlobby event.

Of course what Xlobby really needs is some event logic built directly into the event handler - that would be SOOOO NICE!

good luck,
tsw
tswhite70

Postby dalanik on Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:14 pm

tswhite70 wrote:Of course what Xlobby really needs is some event logic built directly into the event handler - that would be SOOOO NICE!

I think it would be better to have embedded XScript in XLobby with small editor window so we can paste scripts directly into XLobby!!!

D.
dalanik