Xlobby Novice needs Help

Speak your mind

Xlobby Novice needs Help

Postby hvs69 on Wed Feb 11, 2004 8:29 am

Hey Guys,

I have just begun to use alpha 39.1 version with Chad's Skin. First of all great work Steve & Chad. Thanks for providing an awesome frontend for HTPC for free.

I have a few unresolved issues that require your help.

1. The zoomplayer pro (version 3.3) does not seem to work when I use the default skin. I entered the zoomplayer exe file location in the setup screen but when I click on the zoomplayer button, it does not launch. The buttons on the ZP-controlscreen don't do anything. Also, I don't understand how is the ZP-controlscreen supposed to work while you are watching dvd in full screen.

2. Recently I installed Chad's skin and implemented zoomplayer playback by using external application launch option in the skin editor and seems to be working. However, I cannot get the News page to work on this skin. I followed the example given in steve's installation guide (yahoo RSS feed) but I don't see anything when I click on the news button and also after I hit refresh.

3. Chad, is it possible to get photoshop (I assume you used photoshop) version of your buttons ? I need it to customize the text on a few buttons. You may e-mail me the files at mailto:hiren-shah@sbcglobal.net

Thanks again. This is great !!
hvs69

Postby chadwolcott on Wed Feb 11, 2004 2:00 pm

Welcome to the wonderful world of xlobby. Let's see if I can help you out here:

1. The zoomplayer button on the default skin isn't supposed to launch zoomplayer per se. The default skin only tells xlobby to change to the zoomplayer control screen when that button is pressed. To launch zoomplayer in your example you would select a movie from the movie page and press play. This should launch zoomplayer.

As for the ZP-controlscreen, I think that screen is meant to be used with multiple displays so that the controls and the zoomplayer are running on separate screens, or simply as an example of how to control ZP via sendMessage.

2. In order to get the news page to work you need to create a newsfeed, then assign that newsfeed to that category. You can take a look at the skinning tutorial that I started before the experimental version. Not sure how accurate it is now, since I haven't updated it to reflect the eventmanager yet.
http://home.comcast.net/~chad.wolcott/Skinning_xlobby.doc

3. What buttons specifically are you looking for, I have hundreds of photoshop files that I've used in various stages of the skin, including some that are newer than the latest released version.
chadwolcott

Postby hvs69 on Wed Feb 11, 2004 6:08 pm

Thanks for your prompt reply, Chad. Now I understand it a lot better. I will give it a try tonight on your suggestion about the newsfeed.

As far as the button is concerned, if you can send me one set of buttons (in photoshop format) from your current skin that should be enough. I just need to change text on a couple of them. Again by "one set" I mean the images (with/without mouse rollovers). That brings up another question, where do you implement the mouse rollover (in menu.xml ??). Which tag(s) in particular control the rollover effect ??

Thanks again. You have been of great help.

Hiren
hvs69

Postby chadwolcott on Wed Feb 11, 2004 7:45 pm

the rollover effect is done based on the name of the button image.

button.png is the base button
button-enter.png is the rollover
button-down.png is the button when pressed.

I'm still not sure what buttons you are looking for, the main menu buttons?
chadwolcott

Postby hvs69 on Wed Feb 11, 2004 8:33 pm

Yes. Thanks :D
hvs69

Postby hvs69 on Fri Feb 20, 2004 8:30 pm

chadwolcott wrote:the rollover effect is done based on the name of the

I'm still not sure what buttons you are looking for, the main menu buttons?

Hi Chad,

Can you please send me these button files, if you get a chance. Thanks
hvs69