Scrolling

Help each other out

Scrolling

Postby homepc on Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:52 pm

I can't seem to get a handle on the scrolling pattern on some screens. Is there a way to set the scrolling pattern? Lets assume I have buttons labeled Button1, Button2, Button3 across the screen. Using my remote, I can navigate from left to right across the buttons.....button1, button2, button3, button1, button2, button3. But I can't go backwards, button3, button2, button1. What would cause this? I know the remote is setup correctly because it works on other screens. The only thing I know to do is set each button as a NAv item. Is there more that I need to do?

Thanks
Ray
homepc

Re: Scrolling

Postby defrag on Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:58 am

You can change the navigation flow from one button to another in the skin editor. I'm at work at the mo so can't remember exactly the tab, but it's the one with the up, down, left, right buttons. If I remember correctly you select the button then in the editor select the direction then select the button to move to - something like that anyway
defrag

Postby Marbles_00 on Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:59 am

Yeah, its in the skin editor/navigation tab. As Defrag says, you have up/down/left/right, and a button called set(?) then it toggles to stop.
You first click on the button on your skin you want to define the navigation to.
Then click on that set(?) button.
Select your direction by clicking on one of the up/down/left/right buttons
Go back to your skin and select the button you want to move to. A green box should then be around that button.
Click on the stop button
Follow the procedure above for all the directions you want to move.

Just remember that after each "nav" selection you click on stop, or you will over right your last command.

To verify your navigation then, after you have clicked on stop. Just click on one of the up/down/left/right buttons and a green box will appear for which button you will nav to.

Also there are four check boxes at the top of the tab that allow you to totally prevent navigation in certain directions for any particular button. This is there as if you do not define a specific nav path, sometime xlobby will define the path for you. Let's say that you are at the top of a screen, and you don't want any additional navigation up. For that particular button, you can check off the prevent up nav box, then you will be assured that direction will not be allowed for that button.

Hope this helps.

NOTE: Oh and don't forget to make one button a 'default' button (check box on the skin edit/default tab). Otherwise, if controlling with a remote and you get to that screen, you may find that you have no navigation, as xlobby doesn't know what button/category/image you want to start at.
Marbles_00

Postby defrag on Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:45 am

A much better explanation :lol:
defrag