Update library via web controls?

Help each other out

Update library via web controls?

Postby spongebue on Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:44 pm

Hi all,

I'm working on making a music server using xLobby... well, I think a server is the best way to describe it. It will be a computer with no monitor or keyboard, hooked up to my stereo, and controlled through xLobby's web interface. New songs would be added via FTP. Most things are going well with this project so far, but I have hit one (hopefully it will stay at one) roadblock... I'm not sure how to have the database update through the web. Normally I do that by hitting F2, but that will be a lot more difficult once I no longer have a keyboard, mouse, or monitor. Is there any way I can have it update songs through the web interface? I don't have a problem with more quirky solutions, as long as I don't have to plug in a monitor and keyboard/mouse.

Thanks,
spongebue
spongebue

Re: Update library via web controls?

Postby bmblank on Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:23 pm

There should be an event that does what you want. I don't recall where it is located or what it's called, but if you make a button and link that event to it, every time you hit the button it should update. Or you could set it up something like Xevent and it'll do it automatically whenever you want. Cool stuff.
bmblank

Re: Update library via web controls?

Postby spongebue on Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:41 pm

Figures... I had a hard time figuring that thing out, then I do right after seeing that reply. Thanks :)
spongebue