Jowaldo's Skin - Beta 2.1 - UPDATED for resource manager

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Postby Arthur on Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:19 pm

Thanks, but i'll stick with pre 17. This version also removes all colors. And it refuses to close. I've almost set all the color in my skin back, so my skin should almost be running. I've decided to add the TV and movies support later.

Arthur
Arthur

Postby jowaldo on Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:29 pm

Arthur wrote:Thanks, but i'll stick with pre 17. This version also removes all colors. And it refuses to close. I've almost set all the color in my skin back, so my skin should almost be running. I've decided to add the TV and movies support later.

Arthur

Hmm somehow the exit part got screwed, but I did a fresh install and its workin for me for the most part, a few little bugs. It is keepin the colors for me though...

I'll be messin around with it and see if I can find anything out..
jowaldo

Postby kirneh on Wed Jun 09, 2004 3:36 pm

I have a problem with this skin.
I have downloaded the Beta 3, and when i try and start Xlobby with the new skin it gets to the "Loading: Screens" screen. Then it just hangs there.
kirneh

Postby jowaldo on Wed Jun 09, 2004 4:55 pm

kirneh wrote:I have a problem with this skin.
I have downloaded the Beta 3, and when i try and start Xlobby with the new skin it gets to the "Loading: Screens" screen. Then it just hangs there.

Yeah I sent Steven an email about this... I'm not 100% sure where the problem lies... It works fine for me, but when I do a fresh download of xlobby and my skin it doesn't work :(
jowaldo

Postby jowaldo on Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:11 pm

Ok here goes a new exe... try this one out, and let me know if this fixes the problem... you may need to do a clean download/install of the skin, but hopefully not...

http://members.cox.net/xlobby/xlobby2pre23.zip
jowaldo

Postby gingellr on Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:53 pm

I had the same hanging problem, but works fine now with your pre23 link.

Great skin by the way, really works well, getting a ppc soon so looking forward to trying it out on that.

Could you tell me if you have a play all button to load every track can then use shuffle with it. If not i can add it myself but i assume i would have to do that every time you release a new version.

Also are you planning to implement a save and load playlist option?

Just discovered a problem on pre23 on my pc will not load the music database just hangs, if i go back to pre17 it imports fine.

Also the exit, reboot does not seem to work on your b3 skin b2 it works fine

thanks
gingellr

Postby jowaldo on Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:11 pm

I can add a play all button no problem to it. :)

I'll look into adding the playlist save and etc buttons, including the bugs you mentioned..

About the music db import problem, you may want to post that in the bug section for steven to look at.
jowaldo

Postby jowaldo on Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:16 pm

Hmm looks like there is a bug in the new exe when it comes to the exit event. I'll have to ask steven about that.
jowaldo

Postby gingellr on Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:26 pm

thanks for that.

with reference to the background colours that someone previouly mentioned.

with pre17 skin b2 colours are fine
with pre23 skin b2 no background colours
with pre23 skin b3 all colours are back again.

Not sure if that helps at all thought i would mention it.
gingellr

Postby jowaldo on Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:31 am

Thanks for the heads up :)
jowaldo

Postby jowaldo on Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:10 pm

Ok here goes another exe that fixes a few other problems (like exit and a few more)

http://www.xlobby.com/client.zip
jowaldo

Postby archerkit on Mon Jun 21, 2004 12:43 pm

Hi Jowlado - is it possible for you to add a 'back' button for the Music section of your skin? See this thread.

I'd be afraid to screw around with the already-excellent skin!
archerkit

Postby gingellr on Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:06 pm

Hi,

new exe seems to work well with the beta skin.

One thing i have noticed is that on the album search screen the font is alot smaller now which makes it hard to read on a tv.

As i understand from steve he had to change something to do with fonts in the latest exe, but said it will be changeable in the future, or is there something that can be done at skin level to put it back to the size it was?

Thanks

Richard
gingellr

Postby jowaldo on Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:18 pm

archerkit wrote:Hi Jowlado - is it possible for you to add a 'back' button for the Music section of your skin? See this thread.

I'd be afraid to screw around with the already-excellent skin!

So basically what you are looking for is a button that when you search for an artist/album/etc you can reset everything, making every album show up again?
jowaldo

Postby jowaldo on Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:40 pm

gingellr wrote:Hi,

new exe seems to work well with the beta skin.

One thing i have noticed is that on the album search screen the font is alot smaller now which makes it hard to read on a tv.

As i understand from steve he had to change something to do with fonts in the latest exe, but said it will be changeable in the future, or is there something that can be done at skin level to put it back to the size it was?

Thanks

Richard

I'm workin on that right now and am almost done fixing it. I'll post a new version as soon as I fix that and a few other small things.
jowaldo

PreviousNext