Mimic on/off

Got an idea, post it here

Mimic on/off

Postby tomprout on Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:27 pm

Steven,

It could be really great if you could add this feature :

Add on/off values as parameter for mimic.

Thanks !
tomprout

Postby stevenhanna6 on Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:45 am

not sure exactly what your trying to do, can you explain it a little more.
stevenhanna6

Postby tomprout on Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:37 am

I use thin client on a tablet pc as a remote control to control my main xlobby on my TV.

Xlobby thin client is configured with mimic : false state by default to be able to navigate screens without disturbing the display on my TV (main xlobby).
When I want to watch TV I want to go to tv screen on my thin client and on my main xlobby install.

The only solution I found is to set the followings commands :

Command goto_tv :

- mimic.
- goto screen <tv>
- mimic

So when I execute goto_tv, the screen on my tv is tv screen and the screen on my remote control is tv too and I am still in mimic:false.

On my other screens, sometimes I need to be in mimic:true or mimic:false to have a proper display depending the screens if I want the display on my tv or on the remote screen.

So if we could have an option parameter to set mimic ON or OFF, it will be really easier for me.

But the best solution would be to add a new xlobby command to display screen only on server. And if it is easy to implement you could add another comand to display screen only on client (I don't know if it would be helpful for someone)

Tell me that you think...

Thanks in advance !
tomprout

Postby lar282 on Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:20 am

tomprout wrote:But the best solution would be to add a new xlobby command to display screen only on server. !

Corect me if I'm wrong

If u have a event with
* Goto TVScreen

and the PPCTVScreen.xml does not exist, it will only go to that screen on the FAT client. This is with mimic Off

//Lasse
lar282

Postby tomprout on Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:22 am

I don't use ppc screen I start thin client using same screen that my main xlobby on tv.

To answer your question I think if ppctvscreen does not exist tvscreen will be displayed instead.
tomprout

Postby tomprout on Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:19 am

So Steven ? Do you think you will be able to implement command "display on server command" or mimic on/off ?
tomprout