question about support for episodic content

Speak your mind

question about support for episodic content

Postby Chindi on Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:09 pm

After a little searching, I've come up empty (maybe just using the wrong terminology...)

In looking for a home media front end, I just ran across xLobby and was going to check out the plugins and development section to see how far people have pushed it and what I would be albe to do myself. I figure I should ask first and potentially save myself a lot of wasted effort.

What I want to do is probably very typical. I'm thinking of building a centralized storage server (unraid or equivalent), multi-TB of storage, to house all of my DVDs. It seems like right off the bat xLobby handles this pretty well. What I'm curious about is it's support for episodic DVDs like TV shows. I'd like to be able to access something like Stargate SG-1 by season and then be able to select individual episodes to play via the GUI. To work with xLobby, would every single episode need to be ripped to its own directory, or could each disc be ripped to its own dir?

I don't want to dillute my post by asking multiple questions, but if anyone has any recommended plugins for the type of setup I am trying to build, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

Thanks in advance!
Chindi

Re: question about support for episodic content

Postby bmblank on Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:46 am

Right now I think the only way to really separate them out is to rip them each individually and then store them in category by show/season/episode. It'd be interesting to see what is in store for the new xlobbys, because that would be a pretty neat addition.
bmblank