New version "FullScreen" no longer works

Speak your mind

New version "FullScreen" no longer works

Postby Axalotaqs on Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:03 am

The new media player in Xlobby fails to show videos in "FullScreen" if the videos are .avi files. DVD backups, however, go to Full Screen just fine.

When attempting to full screen an .avi, the screen goes mostly black with a very dark large rectangle in the upper left corner of the screen. Xlobby does not crash, and goes back to the overly mode if I click near the top of the screen. I use the 2nd monitor for Xlobby.

If I choose to run Xlobby on the primary little monitor, .avi files go to full screen just fine within Xlobby. So, my problem only appears to be when I view .avi files on the 2nd monitor... (which is most of what Xlobby is used for in our house).

Is this a known bug or am I failing to set something up correctly?

Thanks, John
Axalotaqs

Postby m_ski on Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:16 am

When playing the avi file the media player is probably using the graphics card hardware overlay and this will only function on the primary monitor.
When playing the DVD it is probably using VMR (Video Mixing Renderer) which allows video on primary and secondary monitors.

Xlobby needs to have some way of defining exactly which splitters/filters/renderers are used for the audio and video decoding process. This way you could force it to use VMR7/9 or h/w overlay depending on the file type.

Exactly what type of video format are your DVD backups and the avi files?
m_ski

Postby Axalotaqs on Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:40 pm

m_ski wrote:Xlobby needs to have some way of defining exactly which splitters/filters/renderers are used for the audio and video decoding process. This way you could force it to use VMR7/9 or h/w overlay depending on the file type.

Exactly what type of video format are your DVD backups and the avi files?

Thanks for your reply. I am anxious to get this resolved for my kids! The DVD backups are all .IFO and .VOB files and these play great full screen on second monitor (the Xlobby monitor). The .avi's (various size, quality, etc.) play on the 2nd monitor but just won't go full screen as they do on the primary monitor.

Interestingly, I can still play these .avi's in full screen on the 2nd monitor if I use Zoom Player directly (not within Xlobby) or if I use the older version of Xlobby (still installed).

Thanks again... still stuck.
Axalotaqs

Postby m_ski on Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:21 am

I suggest you go back to using zoom player as an external media player to xlobby if that works. I think there is a post somewhere on how to do this and disable the internal player.
m_ski