Data recovery help

Help each other out

Data recovery help

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:03 pm

well shit happens... i had another hard disk failure on other day... among lost are lot of personal photography and latest source of xPerT. :?

so i guess im asking what are good/best freecovery software out there... pay recovery soft is welcome also if there does not exist good freecoveryware... help me out here guys recovery is not really my strong points.

U know i thought i could format and reinstall windows for couple machines and trust my lacie backup would hold stuff for 1 freaking day while machines themshelf are in maintanance... when it on next day came time to copy data back from back up... windows greeted me with ever welcome "close drive door"... post mortal of lacie crap turned out its last meal was shitgate harddrive. No freaking wonder!

i connected sh!tgate drive directly to comp and run one recovery soft i found on web... test prooves recovery of files is certainly possible from the disk with home measures, but i just would like to know which software i should download or buy for best recovery results and within decent budjet.
P3rv3rt B3ar

Re: Data recovery help

Postby vaporhat on Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:20 pm

send me a PM

I can help.
vaporhat

Re: Data recovery help

Postby P3rv3rt B3ar on Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:32 am

Thanx to u and few others who helped me, Im happy to say i managed to salvage my pics and xpert source. With enough time and patience it seems its possible to salvage anything worthy from the disk so i believe damage is not very extensive.

Loosing xPerT source would not necessarily have meant end of it, but ofcourse would have been tremendous blow. If it would have indeed been unrecoverably lost, i would have chosen very different development strategy while starting from the scratch, much more professional kind... Now i can continue to be bear and make mess with the code :D 8)
P3rv3rt B3ar