Naylia's XLobbyMC Skin - Updated 1 JANUARY 2006 www

This is the place to post your skins, and discuss skinning

Postby chaumurky on Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:45 am

This problem seems to have been obviated by the latest xlobby update.
chaumurky

Postby Naylia on Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:23 am

Glad to hear it wasn't my fault :D
Naylia

Won't switch focus

Postby gbabey on Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:34 am

I've been struggling with this for a few days now and I just can't seem to get Xlobby to switch focus to Sage.

Sage is in sleep, xlobby loaded. I click watch tv and get the Xlobby's SageTV Navigation window. Sagetv wakes up, as i an alt-tab to it, and it switches to the TV window, but focus is never given to it.

Any idea whats going wrong? Thanks.
gbabey

Postby gbabey on Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:22 pm

Nevermind. I figured it out. TweakUI was set to never allow other programs from stealing focus. d'oh!

Works great. Thanks so much for all the hard work you've put into it!
gbabey

Postby Naylia on Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:57 pm

Glad it worked out for you!
Naylia

Postby JMan on Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:25 am

Hi, great skin/plugin! I have been using sage for years, and am ready to try xlobby to control it.
I have:

----server (not really worried about controlling it via xlobby, but could come in handy).

----2 clients, one feeding a projector, another feeding an HDTV.

I would like to use your front end to control all three computers (zones?) for music, sage etc. from a PPC AND a tablet notebook.

Being new to xlobby, took a long time just to get it working on my server! I now have a couple questions please:

1. I bought an HP ipaq rx1955 because it was on sale. Will this work with xlobby and your skin?

2. Should your front end work with sage 5.x? I havent upgraded yet but I am thinking about trying it when 5.1 comes out (suppose to have native flac, ape, MP4 support!!)

3. I would like to also have a universal remote at each location just in case, is there one you know of that works well in sage, xlobby,etc? ( I would like it to control all of my equipment and computer, and without buying 2 more usbirt's if possible, and also without using girder)

4. I am also confused on the whole server, fat client, thin client thing. For my situation, should I use the server version on my "server" and 2 sage client machines, then a fat client on the tablet pc, and of course the thin client on the PPC?

I know, Im needy, but there must be a semi-easy way to do this!!
JMan

Postby JMan on Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:43 pm

A little update:
Got it working (sort of) on my PPC.
Not sure if I did this right, never used a PPC before:

1. Copied the xlobby2sd.exe from my client folder in xlobby to my personal folder on my pda

2. adjusted the setting of servers.txt to
server:192.168.1.100
screen:menu
resolution:auto
quality:100%
and then copied that to the same folder on my pda.

3. used file explorer on the pda and ran the .exe
-- the main menu came up but I could only see the letters under "my tv" and would disappear if I touched anything

4. Saw that I needed .net compact 2, downloaded and installd on pda, pda prompted me to reboot and I did.

5. Ran it again on my pda, now worked but icons seemed really small so I adjusted the servers.txt file resolution to 320x240, which is the resolution of my pda screen, but now the letters are hard to read and buttons are the same size.

Did I do this right? Is the xlobbysd.exe suppose to be ran as a file, or am I suppose to somehow install this program on my PPC? And is there a way to make my wireless connect automatically and run the xlobby thin client when I boot up my PDA (this will be about the only thing I use my PPC for.)
JMan

Postby JMan on Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:06 am

Another update : realized I needed to have PPCMENU in the screen option in servers.txt. Screens look great on the ppc btw. Only problem now is that when I press MYtv on the ppc, it doesnt give focus to sage. It does when I press Mytv on the server though. Any ideas?
JMan

Postby Naylia on Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:26 pm

Yes, it does support Sage 5.04 currently without any issues, that's the version I'm on.

So...w/r to the ppc...double check the ppc screen using the skin editor and make sure that the same event is assigned to the 'ppcmenu - my tv' button as the 'menu - my tv' button. I can also double check this when I get home later.

I'll think a little about the rest and give you some ideas for tommorrow. Remember, I don't have multi-zone built into the skin yet so it will need to be added by you/me, we can try to work together on adding it.
Naylia

Postby JMan on Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:40 pm

Hi, I appreciate the help! If I pause|break on the main screen, click on "button 213x38" in the default tab, then click on the event tab, it says "sagetv:Power On". Then if I goto settings, then PPC screen, then press pause|break, then click on ppc_button 169x38.png, it has ppc:SageTV - PowerOn as the event. Did I check this right? I also tried a fresh install just to be sure, still doesnt work.
JMan

Postby JMan on Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:24 pm

Yea! Figured it out. After I looked at the actual events , Sagetv Power on has 2 send messages, one with 78 as the Iparam and one with 43. PPC Sagetv -Power On only had the 78, I changed it to 43 and it works fine now. Also the PPC one has an execute for sendfocus.exe and the other one doesnt. I assume this isnt needed anymore? I feel like Im learning alot, and I will start trying to add some multizone support. I think I got alot of reading to do... :shock:
JMan

Postby JMan on Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:30 pm

Just found another problem, playlists dont show up on the PPC. Someone else mentioned this a few pages back, but I didnt find any answers.
JMan

Postby petrman on Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:24 am

Hi Naylia first off thanks for the great skin. I got everything working suberbly movies and music blah blah blah all controlled with my harmony 890. Now my one question is under games I have 3 pc games I want to put in the pc games page. halo, ut2k4 and command and conquer. How do I go about setting thos up to start when I click on the coverart for the specified game. I'm newish at this so if you could help I would appreciate this. Thanks
petrman

Postby Naylia on Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:56 pm

JMan,

Looks like in my last release of the skin I didn't update all the ppc screens. I'll try and look at the playlist tonight.

petrman,

I'll try to write up a little explanation step-by-step for you tonight also.
Naylia

Postby Naylia on Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:14 pm

So things to do:

XLobby:
-Coverflow albums when steven is ready...
-Multi-zone audio
-Graphics for multiple themes
-Red Bar in music section - needs removal

PPC:
-Mimic button fix
-My TV button fix
-Music Playlist fix

Anything else on people's minds?
Last edited by Naylia on Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Naylia

PreviousNext