Designate fat clients to particular zones...

Speak your mind

Designate fat clients to particular zones...

Postby Marbles_00 on Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:43 pm

Not sure if this is a limitation, or just an error on my part. I have four defined zones from a Audigy soundcard. These zones take up zone1,2,3,4 respectively and each is named for the particular location that they cover (ie livingroom, bathroom, backyard etc.). I have, let's say, two fat clients. Each one I want to treat as a specific zone. Each one has its Winamp directory named to the zone. For arguement sake, I will call them masterbedroom and garage. I want zone5 to be the masterbedroom, and zone6 to be the garage. Currently I have a floorplan of my house in my skin where if you highlight the different rooms, zone status and zone coverart will be displayed. What I was hoping for was to designate the particular fat clients to the zoneimage and status. So when I highlight the masterbedroom (zone5), then that fat client information will be displayed (empty space if the fat client is not connected). Likewise with the garage, zone6 as well.

What I have noticed though is that when the fat clients connect, they are displayed as the next available zone. Example, I turn on the garage computer and it connects to the next available zone, being zone5 which I was hoping to designate to the masterbedroom on my floorplan. Then when my wife connects in the masterbedroom, that information would then be displayed in the next available zone which may be the garage (zone6). Bottom line, it appears to be a first come, first served idiology.

Is there a way to define which zones fat clients will connect to? It would not be unusual for me to make a mistake in my skin, so I'm going to go over it with a fine tooth comb, but if it is not capable currently, then I can put in a feature request.

Sorry for the long post.

David
Marbles_00