How to set up trailers to play for selected movies in Colby

Help each other out

How to set up trailers to play for selected movies in Colby

Postby colonelsnow on Mon May 10, 2004 3:40 am

Can anyone help with how to set up trailers to play? I am using Colby's skin. I want to be able to take advantage of the trailer button as a browse my movies.
colonelsnow

Postby Colby on Mon May 10, 2004 5:35 am

I can help you set up trailers,
Are the trailers ripped to your harddrive?
Do you want the trailers to play specifically by pushing the trailer button per overlay?
Do you want trailers to play randomly?
What program do you use to play video?
Colby

Postby colonelsnow on Mon May 10, 2004 2:08 pm

Colby wrote:I can help you set up trailers,
Are the trailers ripped to your harddrive?
Do you want the trailers to play specifically by pushing the trailer button per overlay?
Do you want trailers to play randomly?
What program do you use to play video?

The trailers are on my hard drive.

I want to be able to use your trailer button to play the trailer for the movie that is displaying.

I am using powerdvd, although I am open to switching if I need to.

Thanks
colonelsnow

Postby Colby on Tue May 11, 2004 3:05 am

with the trailers on youre harddrive, you'll need to edit the trailer event to specify which is playing and where. I dont know how familiar you are with the event manager, but it shouldnt be that tough.

what I did was first rename all of the trailers exactly the same name as the corrisponding dvd in the database. My trailers also happen to be in there own directorys, (C:trailers/moviename/trailer.avi) although they dont have to be.

Next I set up zoomplayer to execute the trailer on button push. To do this I went into the eventmanager and created an event. Mine is in the SKINS>trailers directory and is called view select. The send message command tells zp to close in case it was running already. The execute command tells 1. File= where the zoomplayer exe is located 2. with what arguements to execute the file. Mine loads into a viewing windo at x20, y149 with a width of 259 and height of 220. the file it will load is specified in parenthesis. the %movies>title% uses the name of the currently selected movie (overlay) as part of the path for the trailer.avi. This is how zoomplayer knows to play the certain trailer. But the trailer, or trailer directory must be named the same as the dvd.

Thats it really. A bit of advice, dont put your trailers in the same directory as any online (ripped) movies or else the trailers will be in your movie db. Also mine works because all my trailers are the same type file (.avi) if all of your trailers are different types than this wont exactly work. But no fear you can do it with playlists. Thats how I created random trailers.
I am no expert on trailers by any means, I dont know how to make them work in powerdvd. I assume you could do it the same way if you can send command lines to powerdvd. I hope this helps.
Colby

Postby colonelsnow on Wed May 12, 2004 3:48 am

I got it to work. Thanks
colonelsnow