InTheaters plugin via XScript - Discontinued

Xlobby plugin development

Postby Marbles_00 on Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:03 pm

Well, I've checked the directories, and the only thing that reside in each is the coverart. I've blown away the directories and database, and started from scratch. I've made sure this time that I'm using version 2.4 and running from XScriptNG. And YES I've made sure that the "Dim GetStills As Integer" is set to "1". I've done a refresh, yet there are still no stills. I've checked the log for errors and timeouts but there isn't any. Actually the log doesn't even indicate that the script even tried to download stills at all. It indicates that it is downloading showtimes, cover art and plot. Actually I was going to include a complete dump of Happy Feet here, but realized that it may be better to send to you through email. Anyways, I've gone to movies.com and checked a couple of film titles for stills and they do exist (Happy Feet shows 4 stills), yet I don't seem to be downloading them.

I've noticed that even in the progress, it is not indicating that stills are even being attempted to download. I recall when they did work, it would be reflected in the progress details.

I agree that I might not be able to download stills for all the movies, but I don't think your area is showing that much different from mine and the title scheme between movietickets and movies.com are different depending on location...would they be? The only thing I can see is that if the zip/postal code is used, movies.com doesn't recognize postal codes (it will recognize cities though). If the location information is used at all for gathering stills, then I and any user outside of the US will have a problem.

If you want, you could try my postal code (can be found way back at the beginning of this thread) and see what comes up for you.

Hope this helps.
Marbles_00

Postby hvs69 on Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:18 am

I have tried increasing the timeout to "100000" without much success.

Now the debug log does not give me the timeout error, but only "Moviedetails_m failed" error (only for a few movies). Regardless of what the error log says, there are no stills in any of the movie folders.

One thing I should let you know that while it is downloading the information, it seems to me that script does not seem to make any attempt to download the stills (like Marbles). It downloads "movidetails", "showtime", "coverart", "trailer" and then moves to the next movie. I distinctly remember on the old versions of the script I could see something like "downloading stills xx of xx"

I have also checked that Movies.com webpages load in 2-3 seconds on my system so speed does not seem to be a issue.

My xlobby is not located in the default location i.e. c:\program files\xlobby
Could that be causing this problem ?
hvs69

Postby Marbles_00 on Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:18 pm

Going on what hvs69 indicated, I went back and did a search in my log for Moviedetails_m failed, and for 8 of the 30 some movies I had this message:

Code: Select all
MovieDetails_m failed - no stills moviedetails available at movies.com!

Now I'm wondering if that is the name mismatch between movietickets.com and movies.com that tswhite mentions about in one of his previous posts?

I figured for a movie like The Fountain, which on movie.com has 18 stills, this should have downloaded....but no indication (error or otherwise) shows that it even tried.
Marbles_00

Updated: v2.5 12/09/2006

Postby tswhite70 on Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:16 am

Ahhhh, crap... I don't know what happened but ya'll are absolutely right, somehow I had broken the stills on v2.4. I thought that 2.4 and the updated version I'm working on were the same for stills, but at some point I must have made a change and not updated v2.4. Sorry about that!!!! Stills code updated to fix the issue...

v2.5 12/09/2006
Steven’s Simplicity Default skin files & script:
http://home.houston.rr.com/rswhite/inth ... eaters.zip
(No changes were made to the skin files, so if you already have them you can just download the script.)

InTheaters_GetMovies script only:
http://home.houston.rr.com/rswhite/inth ... movies.zip

good luck,
tsw
tswhite70

Postby Marbles_00 on Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:21 am

tswhite,

Let me be the first to say.....

WORKS A CHARM NOW!!!!

Thanks for looking into it and fixing. It found stills for 18 of the 31 movies that are displayed in my area.

Thanks again for a great script.
Marbles_00

Postby hvs69 on Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:51 pm

:)

Works here as well. Thanks tswhite.
hvs69

Postby jryan1776 on Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:33 am

this is a really cool program! i've incorporated it into nalyia's xlobbymc skin (first skin modifications!). i'm still not getting trailor urls, but i've got some homework to do on it before i seek help...

my question for the masses is would it be too difficult to add a theater selection page that would allow you to view all the theaters within your specified radius and choose whether or not to include them in the updated list (or use a filter to include only listed theaters)? i'd like to give this a shot, but i'm still learning the programming structure.
jryan1776

Postby jryan1776 on Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:33 am

one more question, i've got the progress overlay working, but i'd like to hide or close it on a button press. is there a way to do this?

i added a "close overlay" event to the intheaters group and assigned it to the OK ir button, but it only works if i use the mouse to establish focus first... any help would be appreciated.
jryan1776

Postby tswhite70 on Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:03 pm

jryan1776 - As for closing the Progress Overlay just make the "OK" button you created the DEFAULT button for the overlay (in the Skin Editor), that way it will gain focus whenever the overlay is shown. On my personal implementation I don't have an OK or Close button on the overlay - but I did make the overlay background the DEFAULT button and assigned a Close Overlay event to it. The script will continue to run in the background after the Overlay is closed as I'm sure you've discovered.

Trailers - I don't know if the old Quicktime Trailers page parsing code is even working anymore. The new version I'm working on uses Itunes (same as the Apple Trailer Plugin).

Filtering Theaters - The new version will allow filtering on theaters. It will not allow you to select your favorite theaters for parsing though. This is something I've considered but will really need to wait until I turn the script into a real plugin sometime next year.

The new version is coming along - I spent part of the weekend debugging the extended detail & stills searching code. I need another few hours on that to finish it off. And then the last thing to do is make a quick rewrite so that updates are incremental. The script has grown another 30% with this new version and update times are getting a little out of hand (6-7 minutes for 45 movies on high speed connection). The incremental updates will only update theaters/showtimes for movies that already exist in the DB instead of doing a full update of each movie so that should speed things up significantly.

good luck,
tsw
tswhite70

Postby jryan1776 on Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:16 pm

thanks! i implemented your method making the whole thing a button. i tried it before, but was aware of the default selection. this is awesome.

it was fun playing with your script and making edits. i split the movie name/movie status into two separate variables so i could place them separately. do you mind if i ask what programs you use to write and test your code? i was editting using notepad++, but i would think there are better editors.
jryan1776

Postby Marbles_00 on Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:12 am

A really nice, simple, and free one is called TextPad. Not top notch, but way better than Notepad. Google it to download.

Hope this helps.
Marbles_00

Postby tswhite70 on Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:35 am

I use SourceEdit (http://www.brixoft.net/prodinfo.asp?id=1) sometimes, but mostly just plain old Notepad. Every once in a while I'll copy some code into VB 2005 Express if I'm having trouble with something that I just can't seem to figure out.

What did you mean by:
split the movie name/movie status into two separate variables

What's "movie status"?

tsw
tswhite70

Postby jryan1776 on Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:49 pm

i just seen your replies, i guess i must not have been subscribed to this thread...

tswhite70 wrote:What did you mean by:
split the movie name/movie status into two separate variables

What's "movie status"?

the popup display consisted of 4 output variables.
1. progover - overall progress of update ex: "Processing Movies: 5 of 36"
2. progbarover - status bar for #1 ex: "........"
3. progtext - movie title and current process step ex: "Chicken Little getting still 12 of 17"
4. progbar - status bar for #3 ex: "........"

#3 above produced large strings of info especially if the movie title was long. i went ahead and created a new variable "MovieTitle" or something like that and I separate the movie title from the process step.

ex:
before
progtext = "Chicken Little getting still 12 of 17"
after
progtext = "getting still 12 of 17"
MovieTitle = "Chicken Little"

This allowed me to add another text box on the popup with the movie title only. If I remember, I'll get a screen shot when I get home and dump it in here.

editted 12/28/06:
Here's a picture of the popup display with the title in a separate text box.
jryan1776

Postby Naylia on Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:21 pm

So...I was just thinking about installing this and reading the instructions and going through the thread to see where the issues are when I noticed someone's already plugged it into XLobbyMC....how about a favor and you post the screens so I don't have to recreate them myself :)
Naylia

Postby Naylia on Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:22 am

Never mind....I built it out. Thanks for the great plugin!
Naylia

PreviousNext