Another PPC Noob

Help each other out

Another PPC Noob

Postby Bananaskin on Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:50 pm

HELP

How exactly does the PPC interact with XLobby. Have installed .net on both pc and ppc. How do I connect ?? I note that there is ref to ip:port in the setup of XLobby.

Idiots guide most welcome :oops:

Regards
Bananaskin

Postby chadwolcott on Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:15 pm

You need to start the xlobby server from the setup menu (F2). Once that's up and running, you'll need to copy 2 files from the client directory under xlobby to the PPC. xlobby2sd.exe is the client executable. The servers.txt file tells the executable where the client is running, so you need to edit it to reflect the server machine and the default ppc menu you want.

I have found that using the machine name rather than the IP address seems to work better for some reason. For example mine reads:

sidious:ppcmenu

Where sidious is the machine name and ppcmenu is the PPC client default screen.
chadwolcott

Postby wmandra on Fri Jan 23, 2004 7:41 pm

bannana,
What chad said is exactly right. One more thing that you also might want to know is how to make the screens on your HTPC follow the screens on your PPC.
Once you have both the client & server running and connected click the mimic button on the PPC screen, then everything that you click on the PPC will be mimiced on the server. Just make sure that all your screen names match up. For example, on the server you will have screens like menu, music, musicviewer and the corresponding PPC ones would be ppcmenu, ppcmusic, ppcmusicviewer.

Hope this helps,
Bill
wmandra

Postby Bananaskin on Fri Jan 23, 2004 8:50 pm

Excellent. Thanks very much for that, it's the little things in the readme that you don't read that create a stumbling block :).

Again, TY

Bananaskin
Bananaskin