PLEASE HELP!

Speak your mind

PLEASE HELP!

Postby RAKY0311 on Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:40 am

please where i can get the last xlobby exe,I try to use the colby skin but i think I do someting wrong,I totaly lost.
RAKY0311

Re: PLEASE HELP!

Postby jowaldo on Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:50 am

RAKY0311 wrote:please where i can get the last xlobby exe,I try to use the colby skin but i think I do someting wrong,I totaly lost.

No prob...

http://www.xlobby.com/xlobby2.zip

You can also get updates by hitting f2 in xlobby and going to the updates tab..
jowaldo

Postby RAKY0311 on Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:17 pm

thanks for you reply,I try but nothing happens the screen is all black,I hit F2 and nothing,please help, for sure I need someting more
RAKY0311

Postby QTips on Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:43 pm

what os do you have?
I get black screen when launching xlobby from mce2005
QTips

Postby MFan on Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:08 pm

One thing to check is if the colby skin folder is inside of another colbyskin folder. If it is, remove one layer of the folders, so that all of the subfolders are imediately below the colby skin folder that is in the skins folder (did any of this make sense?). When colby released a version earlier, it had a folder called colbyskin inside another folder called colbyskin. This caused xlobby to hang for me. If this is not it, try removing the xlobby data file from your directory and starting xlobby up on the default screens. Let us know what happens from there.
MFan

Postby RAKY0311 on Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:20 am

I try that but the same happen,also I try with the 2pre14 version and xlobby with the colby skyn start but only in the splash screen and later closed.. still lost thanks for the help
RAKY0311

Postby emurr on Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:29 pm

I had the same problem as Mfan is describing. When unzipping the skin be shure to copy the skin folder inside the unzipped folder!
emurr

Postby jowaldo on Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:39 pm

emurr wrote:I had the same problem as Mfan is describing. When unzipping the skin be shure to copy the skin folder inside the unzipped folder!

Yeah a lot of people have the problem because they unzip the skins so the folder structure is like this:

This will NOT work!

Code: Select all
xlobby
|
|----skins
|     |
|     ---jowaldo
|         |
|          ---jowaldo
|              |
|               ---backgrounds
|              |
|               ---buttons
|              |
|               ---databases
|              |
|               ---eventgroups
|              |
|               ---resources
|              |
|               ---sounds

Which will not work... it needs to be like this...

This will work!

Code: Select all
xlobby
|
|----skins
|     |
|     ---jowaldo
|         |
|          ---backgrounds
|         |
|          ---buttons
|         |
|          ---databases
|         |
|          ---eventgroups
|         |
|          ---resources
|         |
|          ---sounds
jowaldo

Postby Colby on Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:17 pm

My point exactly Jowaldo. I think the reason people unpackage the skin wrong is because of either the unzip utility they use or how they extract. I dont think most people really pay attention to how they unzip an archive. They think it should just magically do it. Also when we package a skin we have the choice to zip the folder containing the skin (my prefered method) or zipping up the contents of the folder. It is important that the user know what they are unzipping.

With all that said, It would be nice to have a skin packager. Like an automated way to update our skins, like steven does with the exe. Then one could just click update within f2 and it would download and overwrite correctly.
Colby

Postby Naylia on Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:48 pm

Even better if it would download an update automatically while backing up the current skin you are using. Or if all skins had to have version numbers and it would download and install the skin and change the current skin to the new version while the old version remained intact.
Naylia