DVD Selector Tweak - Cheap Trick.

title says it all

DVD Selector Tweak - Cheap Trick.

Postby mattdisaster on Fri Jun 27, 2003 9:24 pm

Hey everyone if you're like me then having the information of the dvd displayed is one of the best things about xlobby. And chances are the fact that the director name, rating, running time, and genre have no labels in front of them are eating away at teh very thing you call a soul. heh so here's what I'm doing untill steven ads the skin feature of adding just text fields:

First I export my dvd collection to .xml format like always, then I open the xml file in an editing program. (note: it must be one that allows multi line find/replacing, you'll see why soon)

Then I find and replace the following fields with new ones:

<Rating> = <Rating>Rating:
<RunningTime> = <RunningTime>RunningTime:
<ProductionYear> = <ProductionYear>Production Year:
<Genres> = <Genres>Genres:

Find and replace those fields for the entire thing, and bam, its almost ready. (Note: There must be a space put in after the colon or it will appear without one, duh!)

Now you're probably wondering what about the Director Name, this is why you need to edit the file with a multi line find/replace capable editor, I use dreamweaver but that's cause I do sites as well, I'm pretty sure word allows it. So find and replace:

<Directors>
<Director>
<FirstName>

with:

<Directors>
<Director>
<FirstName>Director:

now save and exit and reload all online dvds from the setup menu and you should be golden. Well I hope that fixes your needs, cause it fixed mine, the only sucky thing is you'll need to do this everytime you add a new dvd/export to xml. but i's not that bigga deal if you set up a macro, heh.

-matt
mattdisaster

Postby stevenhanna6 on Sun Jun 29, 2003 3:18 am

matt your just getting impatient now lol, cool workaround though :)
stevenhanna6

Postby mattdisaster on Sun Jun 29, 2003 5:04 am

lol, i know sorry, I'm having a crap load of poeple over for a bbq/drunken fest at my house soon and want to show this thing off man. heh, dun mean to step on your toes. take you time!

-matt
mattdisaster

Other Info

Postby Thinker on Sun Aug 03, 2003 9:52 pm

I would really like to have XLOBBY include more info; any way I can replace director with apect ratio or something without having to edit the XML in a text editor?
Thinker

Postby mattdisaster on Mon Aug 04, 2003 1:25 am

honesly i'm not sure, i guess it depends on what you mean by adding more information to the description. In terms of plot/movie info that's all there by way of dvd profiler. So if you go into the dvd info section in there you can add more, or minus more. As for other information, screen layout, sound quality and such, I honestly dont know. Hmm I'm still stuck at work, give me a few hours and i'll go home and test some stuff out with the new version, we'll see what happens. Who knows though- maybe steven will add something in the next alpha. :wink: hehe.

-matt
mattdisaster