DVB-T Solution?

Speak your mind

DVB-T Solution?

Postby andylaurence on Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:58 pm

Whilst browsing around, I came across WebScheduler and DigitalWatch. WebScheduler is (as the name suggests) a web-based DVB-T recordings scheduler that runs as a service and spools recordings to a folder. DigitalWatch is a DVB-T viewing program. It is capable of timeshifting and recording.

WebScheduler is able to use the recording engine of DigitalWatch, should that be open, and hence both applications can be run simultaneously. WebScheduler also supports multiple DVB-T cards, hence can record a channel, whilst another is being viewed in a time-shifted format. It is possible that WebScheduler records two channels whilst a third is being watched.

It seems to me that this would be a great (and easy) way to add TV support to XLobby. The only I can think of is how recordings are displayed. I've not played with either application yet, but I suspect that neither saves the name of the TV show. A database will be required to match filename to show name, description, date, time, etc.

Any thoughts on this? I'm going to need to purchase a DVB-T card before I can work on this, but it sounds like these applications would be ideal for integration into XLobby. I've no idea about plugins and the like, so I suspect I will just modify the skin I like best to call the software directly.
andylaurence