V3 client Server

V3 help and support questions

V3 client Server

Postby lar282 on Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:34 am

Hi
Is there any way of RECONNECTING an client to the server if the connection went down for a reason?
Is there any way from the client to find out if one is connected(through the user interface not alt-F2)
is there any way of finding out from the server if a client is connected or not(through the user interface not alt-F2)
How do I run plugin command from the client to the server? Do I need all the plugins active on the client as well? All I do is run server event?
How do I show variables from a plugin from the server on the client? will it not show the client plugin variable?

puh.....

regards

//Lasse
lar282

Re: V3 client Server

Postby billberet on Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:44 pm

usually when i loose connection, i get the overlay telling me the connection to the server is lost.
and it counts up the time as it tries to reconnect, 80% of the time it connects back, 10% i have to restart the client.

this is also cause i am wireless. when hardwired, it happens less, and for only a split second.
billberet

Postby lar282 on Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:57 pm

I know I can restart xlobby, but that is not a nice solution. my kid presses stop sync then the whole thing breaks and I have to restart xlobby. Isn't it better if there is an event called. Reconnect or connect?

//Lasse
lar282

Postby lar282 on Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:31 am

started to answer my own post...

Is there any way of RECONNECTING an client to the server if the connection went down for a reason?
No

Is there any way from the client to find out if one is connected(through the user interface not alt-F2)
Yes use this variable: Server Status: %xlobby>xnetstatus%
it will say CONNECTED if the client is connected and say running if it is a server

is there any way of finding out from the server if a client is connected or not(through the user interface not alt-F2)
yes, see above

How do I run plugin command from the client to the server? Do I need all the plugins active on the client as well? All I do is run server event?
Concept, need answer

How do I show variables from a plugin from the server on the client? will it not show the client plugin variable?
Concept, need answer

Wes we really need some concept answers on how it is suppose to work. In both this post and the below.
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=6808
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=6804&p=48288#p48288
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=6817&p=48290#p48290

//Lasse
lar282

Postby samsonlov on Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:47 pm

Bump.

I get this call from my "clients":

lar282 wrote:... my kid presses stop sync then the whole thing breaks and I have to restart xlobby...
samsonlov