A few newbie questions, appologies in advance.

Help each other out

A few newbie questions, appologies in advance.

Postby Hoooooooar on Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:26 pm

Well, i went to the AVS Forums, they gave me a bunch of "Front Ends" as i learned what they were finally called, and decided on xlobby, because it looked the best, i saw some smoking skins people posted in the avs forums i can't find here, but thats besides the point. Xlobby is glorious.

I have everything setup with that vintage skins, everything is read to roll, music is working just fine in there, weather, tv, games i have it all setup

I am running into some difficulties with getting my movies to run, the most important part naturally, So i have some questions and maybe in seek of some advice.

I'd LIKE to get powerdvd to run everything, if possible (Unless you have some alternative, i have a lot of full Blue Rays stored) I went into the file associations and set avi, mpg wmv etc etc to play in powerdvd, yet for some odd reason it launches powerdvd, and just sits there, if i hit play, it will play the last movie i had selected in the "select media" list. I'm not sure if its a folder structure problem or what.

I'm sure its something simple, but my ultimate goal is to get a Movie Player be it powerdvd or whatever you all recommend, to run all my movies.
Hoooooooar

Re: A few newbie questions, appologies in advance.

Postby rembetis on Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:52 am

I don't use PowerDVD, but perhaps this topic might help.

Most around here use ZoomPlayer, because it has pretty tight integration with Xlobby, but it doesn't play BluRay as far as I know.

p.s. I'm sure you're aware of it, but this post also mentions PowerDVDs inability to play BluRay off your drive, after a recent patch.
rembetis

Re: A few newbie questions, appologies in advance.

Postby Marbles_00 on Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:26 pm

You can use Zoom or MPC to play ripped files from Blu-ray and/or HD-DVD of the drive. Their are some smokin tutorials on the avsforum site on how to do it...

MPC:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=892527

Zoom:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=885764

Hope that helps
Marbles_00