Remote control help please

Speak your mind

Remote control help please

Postby str1der on Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:46 pm

Can someone help me get a Microsoft Media Center remote to work with Xlobby? I've never done anything with a PC and a remote. From what I can gather I need Girder (which is no longer free right). Now from what I'm reading there are profiles for both remotes and for applications. Is there one for Xlobby and this remote? Do I also need to make changes to Xlobby to get this to work? I'm kind of lost. Thanks.
str1der

Postby Marbles_00 on Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:47 am

From what I can gather I need Girder (which is no longer free right).

I think Girder 3.29 is still free and downloadable. Google it to find out.

You could use the XRemote plugin.

If I recall, there is an English document on setting it up but right now it is eluding me.

If you only want to control functions of Xlobby, then you don't need Girder. Just a USB-UIRT. Use the USB-UIRT to learn the different buttons and then tag the codes to events.
Marbles_00

Postby C-moi on Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:14 am

You can find a little help here
http://france.xlobby.com/xremoteus.htm
C-moi

Postby str1der on Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:27 pm

I don't think I need a USB-UIRT since the microsoft remote comes with a USB-IR receiver.

I got the xremote plugin and it seems to do pretty good with some of the stuff. I've notcied that it doesn't seem to work with the music playlist controls overlay. Does anyone else have this issue.

I use KMplayer for my video files and most of the remote control functions don't work for it. I've posted on their forum but I assume this is what I need girder for? Anyone know where I can get the shareware version of Girder?

Thanks.
str1der

Postby dgemily on Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:44 pm

str1der wrote:Anyone know where I can get the shareware version of Girder?

girder 3.29

:wink:
dgemily

Postby cmhardwick on Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:55 pm

for the overlay, make sure SOMETHING on the overlay screen is set as the DEFAULT. Otherwise, remote won't work. It can be the background, one of the buttons, but something has to be DEFAULT.

Enjoy!
cmhardwick