Advanced Searching

Got an idea, post it here

Postby msteelefl on Tue May 02, 2006 2:22 am

Colby wrote:
if I enter 'he' on an artist search, I would normally get Heart, Hendrix, Henley, etc. Now I get 16 pages of results where the string 'he' appears in any part of the name including all of the artists with 'The' in the name. This makes the search feature all but unusable at this point.
msteel, dont stop at h.e. keep typing. h.e.n.d.r. I think it filters fine. But I dont oppose the astrix thing.

Thanks for the reply Colby. I realize I can enter more characters to narrow it down. But when using a wireless touchscreen with the alphabet overlay screen, the less typing a user has to do the better since there is an inherent delay with each letter pressed. I also realize that the first matches in the list do match those beginning with 'he' in the is example, but the additional items displayed just clutter up the screen and confuse the casual user in my opinion. One aspect of Xlobby that has impressed me is the fact that any guests I have had in my home the past few weeks has been able to pull up any of my 1200+ CD's with little or no intervention on my part. The speaks volumes for Steven's work.
msteelefl

Postby rorsdors on Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:15 am

Same here - touchscreen - gets messy when filtering artists. Any chance of having a toggle?
rorsdors

Previous