filterdetails function

Help each other out

filterdetails function

Postby homepc on Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:23 pm

I have to admit, that most of my custom screening comes from other peoples screens first, then I simply make them look like I want. Although, I have learned alot from doing this, there are stilla few things that I just dont understand. As example, the filterdetails. I have a search screen that when you select a search filter, it displays only a the filtered items in list format. Then when you select one of the filtered items, the filter screen closes and you are back to the catagory screen with the one item you select.

I have another search screen that when you select a search filter, it displays only a the filtered items in list format but when you select one of the filtered items nothing happens. You have to click the close button and then the filter screen closes and you are back to the catagory screen with the one item you select.

I really dont want to select an item, then hit close. I prefer the first case, but I dont know how to control this. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks
Ray
homepc

Re: filterdetails function

Postby Grooby on Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:12 pm

Ray

I don't know if you are using Technolobby Blue in the end but i have just tried my skin and i have noticed i have really stuffed up on the search screens. I have'nt got them as overlays which i think you have to for the filters to work properly.

What i have just done earlier after reading your post is to change the event to goto an overlay instead of goto a screen, dropped in the background from the add buttons menu, sent it to the back. In the category section i have clicked the instant update option, taken out the jump to tick. All the filters now work as they should do.

Sorry i missed that, i don't really use search, just jump to so i must have missed checking if they worked correctly :oops:

Andy
Grooby

Postby homepc on Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:59 pm

Thanks Andy....that is the case. I am using your screens with the search. I will try and follow your suggestions and see if I can get it to work.

Thanks
Ray
homepc

Postby Grooby on Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:33 pm

Cool, i'm glad someone is using it!!!! :wink:
Grooby

Postby homepc on Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:18 pm

omg.....are you kidding.....its my default!
homepc

Postby Grooby on Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:57 pm

Glad you like it, makes the effort worthwhile...its my default as well 8)

If you have any queries or suggestions for screens let me know.

Andy
Grooby

Postby homepc on Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:39 am

Andy, I made the changes that you suggested for the search screen. Now it works perfectly! Thanks!!
homepc