autoplay

Help each other out

autoplay

Postby dalanik on Sat May 08, 2004 6:48 pm

I still don't quite understand how autoplay works.

I managed to makeit work for DVDs and Audio CDs, but not for DIVX films.

I defined new category, extensions avi, divx (in the extension box - separated by coma?) and still nothng happens when I insert divx cd. I have defined the event to display overlay (and it worksfor DVDs).

My CDs typically have 1 .divx and 2-3 .sub files inthe root of the CD.

What am I doing wrong?
dalanik

Postby Twit on Sat May 08, 2004 7:29 pm

Why do you need to put divx,avi?

All my divx movies are avi so i just have avi as an extension.

Is your event created correctly and chosen for the avi autoplay. I say this because i created a new overlay and made an event to load the overlay but mispelt the overlay name in the event manager so nothing happens.
(Took 2 hours to realize my mistake)

As a test use something like goto:music as the event and see if it works.

The other problem that may be affecting it is the file types tab in setup. Disable all file types and try it! In the default xlobby avi is assosiated with zoom in the file types!
Twit

Postby dalanik on Sun May 09, 2004 7:35 pm

Twit wrote:Why do you need to put divx,avi?

All my divx movies are avi so i just have avi as an extension.

Is your event created correctly and chosen for the avi autoplay. I say this because i created a new overlay and made an event to load the overlay but mispelt the overlay name in the event manager so nothing happens.
(Took 2 hours to realize my mistake)

As a test use something like goto:music as the event and see if it works.

The other problem that may be affecting it is the file types tab in setup. Disable all file types and try it! In the default xlobby avi is assosiated with zoom in the file types!

I created 2 different extensions, 1 for avi and 1 for divx and it started working :-) somehow I imagine it would be possible to specify multiple extensions separated by comma or colon.

As far as 2 extensions are concerned, I decode divx films myself, so I always use .divx extension for films decoded by divx5 to distinguish with older divx 3.11 which I download from the net :-)

Thanx,
D.
dalanik